Upgrading my Laptop

Aidan134

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
Is there any way I can upgrade my asus x502c laptop to make it play csgo better because I don't think I am able to spend $500 on a new gaming rig a this time.

Solution
Nothing much you can do. If it only has 1 stick of RAM, then add a second stick of the same size (I assume it has a single stick of 4GB DDR3). With two RAM sticks the RAM will be operating at full speed rather than half speed. That could improve performance by around 10% - 15%.

Other than that there isn't anything to do to your laptop to improve game performance.

A SSD will not improve game performance unless the game is trying to load a lot of large graphic textures. It will only reduce lag assuming you are experiencing it while textures are being loaded into the game

USAFRet

Illustrious

Since we have no idea of what is in your system....

Add RAM
Change the C drive to an SSD

That's about all you can probably change.

Blastsail

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

As far as I can tell, your laptop uses your CPUs integrated graphics which only has 32mb of dedicated VRAM. This really isn't enough to play any semi-recent games.

But do not despair!

Although it may be expensive, you can purchase an external video card dock and an older video card.

However, CS:GO is not the most intensive game out there and you do not need a $500 gaming rig to run it, so you may be better off looking at finding second hand parts on craigslist to make a budget build.

Nothing much you can do. If it only has 1 stick of RAM, then add a second stick of the same size (I assume it has a single stick of 4GB DDR3). With two RAM sticks the RAM will be operating at full speed rather than half speed. That could improve performance by around 10% - 15%.

Other than that there isn't anything to do to your laptop to improve game performance.

A SSD will not improve game performance unless the game is trying to load a lot of large graphic textures. It will only reduce lag assuming you are experiencing it while textures are being loaded into the game

Solution