Solved! Upgrading my pc to vr

Aug 16, 2018
So right now my computer is trash. With maybe playing games like pubg on low at 10-30 fps. I wanted to upgrade to the Rx580 and Ryzen 5 1600 for vr. Well someone told me that those parts wouldn't run to well and if i have a $500 budget i should go for
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JLmH7W
That is perfect for me but i want to make sure those specs are better as on amazon for me to buy Rx 580 and ryzen 5 1600 it is only $470 so i could save the 30 dollars. Then i realized my psu could never hold this and i needed ddr4 ram thank god those are not too expensive. Will these specs be able to run good oculus games?

Solution
Well, the Ryzen 1600 will be awesome but RX 570 will be at the lower end of what you want to run high end VR games with. The RX 580 is really where you want to be when talking about entry level VR gaming. Then again I run VR games with an old i5 4590 and an RX 470, so results may vary.

If you had a Ryzen 1600, with a B350 motherboard, 8 GB of DDR4 and an RX 570, you'd have a fun time with the majority VR games. Games like Fallout VR might not be perfect, but they will be playable.

As for a PSU, you want to have something more than a 350W, a good 450W will add $40-$50 to your build. If you need to cut somewhere to support getting a new PSU, you should cut back on your CPU. Even something like a 2200g will have enough power to do some...

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Well, the Ryzen 1600 will be awesome but RX 570 will be at the lower end of what you want to run high end VR games with. The RX 580 is really where you want to be when talking about entry level VR gaming. Then again I run VR games with an old i5 4590 and an RX 470, so results may vary.

If you had a Ryzen 1600, with a B350 motherboard, 8 GB of DDR4 and an RX 570, you'd have a fun time with the majority VR games. Games like Fallout VR might not be perfect, but they will be playable.

As for a PSU, you want to have something more than a 350W, a good 450W will add $40-$50 to your build. If you need to cut somewhere to support getting a new PSU, you should cut back on your CPU. Even something like a 2200g will have enough power to do some VR gaming, and you will be able to upgrade it later on for more power.

Just for the heck of it we should consider upgrading what you currently have as an option. What system specs are you running right now. It could be as easy as a CPU and GPU upgrade and you won't need to spend a ton on the motherboard and RAM.

Solution
Aug 16, 2018

Thank you, you helped a lot i just set up a build for 489$ which is just under my 500$ budget. I don't my current specs (bought it off my brother who got rid of the boxes and doesn't remember) But i am sure it is above a 350w psu and i think it has ddr4 su that would lower my price to a 400$ vr computer! bro you are absolutely legendary.
New build im gonna buy-
Cpu: Rx 580
Graphics card: Ryzen 1600
Psu: (Unknown)-(above 350w)
Ram: (Unknown)-(it is 2x4)-(possibly ddr4..... lol)
HDD: (Unknown)-(it is 1 terabyte)
MB: B350 TOMAHAWK

Most of that is unknown because it is in my computer right now and i don't know what they are as they were my brothers before mine.