Solved! Upgrading Wifi on Asus K55V with AR5B125 card, +?s (Pics)

tryingtobebest

Estimable
Feb 14, 2021
Hello forum helpers, ive got an older Asus laptop but its an absolute beast, ive got it brand new back in 2012, since then upgraded to SSD and to 16gig of ram, so it runs perfectly on Win 7 Home premium except few issues:
#1 im thinking to upgrade wifi card because it was was loosing reception for some reason but now after me taking it out to make some pics and putting it back in, it work flawlessly for few weeks straight (issue is not happening)... But anyway, my card is AR5B125 and if id go with newer one which one you guys would recommend? My own research tells me to go with AC8265 card but issue with it that it has a mounting opening in the middle of the top border but my AR5B125 have two openings on the top in the sides... how do i go about mounting any newer card with hole in the middle??? Very unclear to me

Also while on the subject of the wifi, i have designated entertainment PC that runs on the B550M-Plus (WiFi) mobo that has build in wireless wifi, so my question is can i connect to 2.4 and 5 ghz at the same time but from the same source - router that sits in the basement? Connect simply without doing a crazy modification or running crazy soft!? (Win 10 64)

Pics:
My ori is on the left, ive found a card from a friend - AR5BHB92-H which i though to upgrade, but its even older than mine

GQJRVOfl.jpg

cfzbKygl.jpg