Uplay and Iobits ?

sydneyblue203

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014
Today i woke up and noticed that my anti virus had found a issue with Uplayservice.exe Gen:variant.grafter.265446 I uninstalled uplay and reinstalled. My anti virus starting catching this again. If i put it on whielist it goes away but im concerned it could be something bad ?

Solution
It definitely looks like a malicious file. Remove Uplay from whitelist and do a full malware cleanup. Steps:

1. Restart your PC in “Safe mode with networking.”
2. Install and run RKill to kill malicious processes and services
3. Check your Programs and features and see if there are any new recently installed programs that you don’t recognize. If there are, remove them.
4. Check your task manager for any suspicious processes, if found, identify folders and try to remove them manually. Or just "Win key + R" and type %appdata%. Afterward, delete potentially malicious folders.
5. Do a full scan with anti-virus software of your choice or use Windows Defender to clean up initial infections.
6. Scan your PC with Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, and...

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
It definitely looks like a malicious file. Remove Uplay from whitelist and do a full malware cleanup. Steps:

1. Restart your PC in “Safe mode with networking.”
2. Install and run RKill to kill malicious processes and services
3. Check your Programs and features and see if there are any new recently installed programs that you don’t recognize. If there are, remove them.
4. Check your task manager for any suspicious processes, if found, identify folders and try to remove them manually. Or just "Win key + R" and type %appdata%. Afterward, delete potentially malicious folders.
5. Do a full scan with anti-virus software of your choice or use Windows Defender to clean up initial infections.
6. Scan your PC with Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, and AdwCleaner. Multiple anti-malware solutions will confirm that the threat was removed.
7. Restart your PC in normal mode and do an additional scan to confirm that the malware is gone.

Otherwise, make sure you are downloading Uplay from legitimate sources and not 3rd party vendors (programs, websites).

Solution

sydneyblue203

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014

Due to the fact i just play games i reformatted. This should solve it

sydneyblue203

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014

You were correct it was some type of malware.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
At least on something! Hopefully, you will not have any issues in the future.

Friendly advice is to have some form of anti-virus, anti-malware and adblock installed, will do wonders in the long run. And if you are aware of what you are browsing and downloading from illegitimate sources, shouldn't be an issue in the future.

TRENDING THREADS