Urbeats headphone jack replace

Mikapadia

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
I want to replace my faulty ur beats headphone jack. i bought a 4 pole 3.5mm connector. I had peeled my urbeats wire there r five wires of different colors. Please guide me according to colour wise which xolour is for left, right, ground, mic and which two colour wire has to b combined?

Solution
Then there's only one person to blame ;)
Is there piece of the cable still available on the jack? You can try to peel off the plastic to see which color goes where.

You might still try to guess the colors with the ohmmeter. Make a five-rows -by- five-columns table, put color names across and down, and measure resistance of all possible wire combinations. From there, you should be able to figure out which wire is the common, which two wires goes to the headphones, and remaining wire should be the mike. You will also hear a "pop" in the headphones when you probe their pair of wires.
Then there's only one person to blame ;)
Is there piece of the cable still available on the jack? You can try to peel off the plastic to see which color goes where.

You might still try to guess the colors with the ohmmeter. Make a five-rows -by- five-columns table, put color names across and down, and measure resistance of all possible wire combinations. From there, you should be able to figure out which wire is the common, which two wires goes to the headphones, and remaining wire should be the mike. You will also hear a "pop" in the headphones when you probe their pair of wires.

Solution