[URGENT] Which Laptop to choose?

Utkarsh Rai-

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
Hi everyone.
So i need to buy a new laptop for my college work like programming, photoshop, video editing and other basic work. i already have a gaming PC built which can take heavy load but id still like if the laptop can handle light "on the go" gaming. i did some research and here are my options:
(PS. I live in India)

1. HP Pavilion 15 AU007tx (54400 INR = 817.15 USD)
specs:
i5 6200U
8GB DDR4 Ram
Nvidia GTX 940MX-4gb dedicated
1336x768 display
1TB 5400 rpm
b&o audio

I really love the look of this laptop. The audio is really great. I get DDR4 ram and specs are decent. My concern with this is the 5400 rpm hard drive. Q. can i put in an SSD and then how can i shift the preloaded windows 10 on the SSD.

2. HP Pavilion Gaming 15-AK008TX (59743 INR = 897 USD)
specs:
i7 6700HQ
8GB DDR3L Ram
Nvidia GTX 950M-4GB dedicated
1080p HD display
1 TB harddisk + *128 GB SSD*
b&o audio
No windows...DOS

now it is very obvious the this laptop has FAR BETTER SPECIFICATIONS. The problem is that this particular piece will be imported from thailand (with warranty) and i dont know how much support i can get in India.
also i like the look of #1 ....#2 looks kind of funny.

Q.IS IT WORTH IT? is #2 worth the risk of importing and all.
Q.the display config on #2 says Full HD anti-glare LED-backlit IPS Display. will this be good? the viewing angles.
Q.DDR4 vs DDR3L noticeable difference?

I will probably go for #2 because it has a really great config. So can you guys see if its all right?

Also i5 6200u is a dual core processor. how much performance difference is there compared to a 6th gen quad core CPU.
Nvidia will soon have GTX 10 series (1040-50-60) coming to the midrange laptops. how long do you think we have to wait to get machine with 10-series GPU? i need the laptop soon but if there isnt a long wait and if the 10-series is worth it then maybe i can wait a little. Again this will only be for light gaming as i have an assembled PC.

OTHER OPTIONS?

Solution
Option 2 is so much better in almost every way, but I have no experience with importing computers from Thailand to India. I would see if I could pay with pay pal, so that if there's a problem you won't have trouble getting your money back.

As for your other questions - IPS has the widest viewing angles. DDR4 vs DDR3L is not going to make a big difference. The 10-series GPU's are going to be released very soon, but will be significantly more expensive. You will have to wait and save money if you want to get one.

scuzzycard

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Option 2 is so much better in almost every way, but I have no experience with importing computers from Thailand to India. I would see if I could pay with pay pal, so that if there's a problem you won't have trouble getting your money back.

As for your other questions - IPS has the widest viewing angles. DDR4 vs DDR3L is not going to make a big difference. The 10-series GPU's are going to be released very soon, but will be significantly more expensive. You will have to wait and save money if you want to get one.

Solution