US Version of phone work in Europe?

KamilGummy

Estimable
Sep 12, 2014
I want to buy a family member a LG G3 who lives in Poland. I was wondering if I had to buy the European/international version for it to work for them or if I could just get them the U.S version of the phone. What's the difference between the two? Are there different antennas picking up different coverage maps/signals? Thank you.

Solution
Buy a 4G-enabled phone from Verizon or T-Mobile (I believe) and it will be globally unlocked.

What happens when you buy a smartphone nowadays is sometimes it will be "locked" to the carrier that you bought it for, generally. If you bring your phone outside the US, then you are forced to buy their international plan to get any service.

Your best bet is to get the internationally unlocked version of the phone for your family member. A US phone might not work.

Entomber

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Buy a 4G-enabled phone from Verizon or T-Mobile (I believe) and it will be globally unlocked.

What happens when you buy a smartphone nowadays is sometimes it will be "locked" to the carrier that you bought it for, generally. If you bring your phone outside the US, then you are forced to buy their international plan to get any service.

Your best bet is to get the internationally unlocked version of the phone for your family member. A US phone might not work.

Solution