USB 3.0 Host Controller fail???

thelarsi

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
Hi

I was just on a little bathroom break the other day, and when i got back, i noticed my mouse didnt react..

Then i went to my device management..and i got this yellow triangle on the USB category..and on all the USB cables...i have USB 3.0 Host Controller, a Standard Enchanced PCI to USB Host Controller and a Standard OpenHCD USB host controller..i have a ASUS x73TK with AMD 7670m 1GB graphics?? I dont know if that have anything with the case, but just in case ;)

Appriciate replies :)

-Thelarsi

thelarsi

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

I tried this, but nothing happened, rebooted the sytem after that, and the same problem comes up :/

cdh07

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Not sure if I should be posting another thread for this, but I am wondering if a pattern/new bug/issue is arising here.
I too have had similar problems in the last two week.

I say similar, to the owner of this thread and to the writer of this thread - http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1785316/renesas-usb-host-controller-error-code.html

My system has an AMD FX-6300 on ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 mobo, running Windows 7 enterprise x64

First signs was my 3month old 3TB USB 3.0 toshiba hdd randomly disconnecting and re-connecting.

Searched many threads on the net for an an answer to no avail.

Eventually, I concluded that a recent MS update may have caused the issue and did a complete re-install of windows.

Today, with no MS updates taken, my Verbitam 500GB USB 3.0 drive began to randomly disconnect and reconnect.

I have some experience tech issues, (far from expert) but this issue has fried my grey matter to date!

There has been no hardware changes to my system and I have uninstalled and re-installed the USB 3.0 Host Controller (ASMedia XHCI Controller) to no avail.

If anyone can shed any light/further ideas, it would be hugely appreciated?

cdh07