Question Please Help me. my HP Pavilion dm3 laptop USB ports Stop Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2021
all of the ports are not working. there is a error code 10. and always Failed when detecting the device. please help me.

I have tried Formatting my PC and install new OS. and still got the problem.
In Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus Controllers: the 3 Standard OpenHCD Host Controller have Yellow Sign. and when i tried Update the Driver, its Failed. and I also tried Uninstalling it. but still the Same. pls help me. I cannot use my USB Ports.

Feb 23, 2021
That seems to be about a 10 yr old model, need some details about this, when did the issue start? What Windows version? How did you try updating the drivers, from HP support?
Yes its old laptop. Windows 7 32 bit. I think its the laptop itself or the usb port is the problem. Whenever that it detects the Usb device or it installed successfully and then everytime i restart my laptop, it came back to its problem that it cannot detect the device or the device does not install.

I tried updating the driver by updating it in Device Manager, but it always tell me that its Failed. And then I tried Uninstalling the Yellow Signed driver. And restart my laptop. And still gives me the newly installed Yellow Signed driver. And cannot use my Wired Mouse and other usb devices.
And I also tried Installing the driver or repairing it in Troubleshooting; Hardware and Devices. But still no luck.

Feb 24, 2021
You need top re-install Windows 7 using the original OEM operating system that the laptop came with and it will not come with any drivers by default, right? Right.
So, after you reinstall Windows using a live bootable USB (use rufus as the tool for creating live/boot media) then you have to check what the driver version of the USB ports, you ahve to research to see, what is the manufacturer of the USB ports, what voltage they use, learn everything about the USB port drivers FOR THAT TIME (10 years ago) and don't install any shady drivers from the internet, use only official drivers from your offical manufacturer, so find HP usb drivers for Windows 7 32-bit! not 64bit! Not Lenovo! Not msi! must be HP! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.