Jan 9, 2019
Hey, guys! So, several months ago, my PC fell off my desk (thanks to my cat.) and I thought it had messed up some of my wires to my condenser microphone (Which feeds from my mic, to my phantom power, into my USB), I got new wires but they all still had this annoying buzzing sound. Finally, I gave up on the mic and bought a new one, and instead of going through my phantom power interface, like with the old one, I bought an external sound card, plugged it in (as I didn't know if the phantom power was part of the problem either) and plugged my new mic into it. Same buzzing sound came out from the mic, but not only that, with the external sound card, I had to also plug in my headphones (As it becomes my new sound card, so I can't use my PC's headphone jack), whenever I did that, the same noise comes through. I have tried every single USb port and they all give off feedback. My mouse and keyboard and controllers work just fine on my PC but any USB sound device either gives off or receives some kind of feed back. I uploaded an MP4 file on YouTube that contains the sound. Thanks for your input and time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN1y5oPQ5bE

Jan 9, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kris.trimble21 : "USB Port Buzzing"

Hey, guys! So, several months ago, my PC fell off my desk (thanks to my cat.) and I thought it had messed up some of my wires to my condenser microphone (Which feeds from my mic to my phantom power into my USB), I got new wires but they all still had this annoying buzzing sound. Finally, I gave up on the mic and bought a new one, and instead of going through my phantom power interface, like with the old one, I bought an external sound card, plugged it in (as I didn't know if the phantom power was part of the problem either) and plugged my new mic into it. Same buzzing sound came out from the mic, but not only that, with the external sound card, I had to also plug in my headphones, whenever I did that, the same noise comes through. I have tried every single USb port and they all give off feedback. My mouse and keyboard and controllers work just fine on my PC but any USB sound device either gives off or receives some kind of feed back. I uploaded an MP4 file on YouTube that contains the sound. Thanks for your input and time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN1y5oPQ5bE