USB is Satan; Bluetooth is Jesus Christ

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
"without the need to reboot--unlike the old-school serial and parallel ports"

What nobody noticed this? I've never had to reboot to use either serial or parallel. If you don't know the old technologies, don't spew crap about them. I used to design parallel and serial interfaces, this is just stupid.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]pozaks[/nom]Tridents are used to catch fish. Jesus' trendy logo is a fish.USB. The Jesus fish logo. The trident... USB KILLED JESUS.[/citation]
Jesus' "trendy logo" is the ichthus, which is one third of the Holy Trinity. Tons of analogies pair it with fish and fishing, but it has nothing to do with either.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkv1[/nom]This definitely takes the cake for the dumbest thing I've heard this week. Faith in our species continues to dwindle...[/citation]

Im guessing you didnt read the article about a Revend saying demons can inhabit computers lol

1pp1k10k4m1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]WTF?!?! Jesus was a Jew in the Middle East. He had brown eyes, like everybody else there. LOL.[/citation]

The Bible does say something about Him not being considered attractive, maybe its bc He was so different looking. I have seen in recent years a good few Jewish and Israeli people with blue eyes.

Also, I lived in Europe for awhile and a good lawyer friend did a study in 33 countries (Europe/Asia/South and Central America) for a book he wrote, almost every account (100+) of people who claimed to have had a vision of Christ, said He had blue eyes. Whether they really saw Christ, or if He really did have blue eyes, that's another question altogether, but I thought it was interesting at least.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]WTF?!?! Jesus was a Jew in the Middle East. He had brown eyes, like everybody else there. LOL.[/citation]

Yea because we know exactally what people were like 2000 years ago. We could consider that there are Jews with blonde hair and there are Jews with blue eyes. Or that at the time the Romans had a major influance on most of the known Middle East.

All i am saying is its possible that jesus had blue eyes.

But to the group, you guys are insane. If you think that USB is the Devils work then you might as well stop using computers all together since Intel is half of the USB dev team and x86, and since USB is the Devils work so is x86, is in pretty much every PC you buy.

Man there are some crazy people out there.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]gimarbazat[/nom]The group is a Satan group itself.... I am a christian but there are idiots that should not call themselvs christians.. These are people who make christianity look like a coult or sect..[/citation]

That would be because some cults use christianity as their religion...

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Yea because we know exactally what people were like 2000 years ago. We could consider that there are Jews with blonde hair and there are Jews with blue eyes. Or that at the time the Romans had a major influance on most of the known Middle East.All i am saying is its possible that jesus had blue eyes.[/citation]

That's because at some point (probably after his time since we know about it) some aryans/their predecessors went in that direction instead of west towards europe.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]1pp1k10k4m1[/nom]The Bible does say something about Him not being considered attractive, maybe its bc He was so different looking. I have seen in recent years a good few Jewish and Israeli people with blue eyes.[/citation]

Now that's because when after WW2 ended and Isreal as a country was declared as suddenly existing, a bunch of the people who had escaped Europe (or who were just there) simply moved there. Knowing Hebrew is part of what you have to do as part of the religion so I'm sure many simply switched to speaking it all the time.

[citation][nom]1pp1k10k4m1[/nom]Also, I lived in Europe for awhile and a good lawyer friend did a study in 33 countries (Europe/Asia/South and Central America) for a book he wrote, almost every account (100+) of people who claimed to have had a vision of Christ, said He had blue eyes. Whether they really saw Christ, or if He really did have blue eyes, that's another question altogether, but I thought it was interesting at least.[/citation]

I'mma go with not. It would look like the standard likeness we've all seen. Either because it's real and it was that way so as to be identifiable, or because it was a hallucination/something out of the unconscious which would be the same thing because that's how people picture him. Neither means that that's how the real person looked.

G

As a Brazilian and a christian (who holds a calvinistic view on theology), I can testify to the stupidity, regarding warped fundamentalist christian cults, that comes out of my country. So this article really didn't surprise me cause there's worse related things that came out of there, e.g.: http://www.universalchurch.org/. And I see this thread is faithfully adhering to Godwin's Law, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.