USB male to single/double 3.5mm female possible?

BlackAzrael

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Alright so I bought the Sennheiser PC360 headset, the issue is I cannot use both the headset and mic on ps3 or ps4. I can still use the headset part if I plug it in my TV though.

So yeah, I was wondering if there exists a usb male to stereo and mic female 3.5mm jacks. And if so would that actually make both mic and headset work but also would it affect the sound quality?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hi there,

Unfortunately this is unlikely to work (provided I am understanding your request correctly)

The reason the Headset uses USB is because that is how it draws its power. Using a converter to convert into 35mm jacks (one for sound + one for mic) would then mean the headset would have to be drawing power from 35mm ports which cannot output enough 'juice'.

An alternative would be to look at the Sennheiser PCV 05 and see if that can solve your problems

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/pcv-05

This is listed as working for Ps4 .

Good luck,

Regards

BennyJi

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi there,

Unfortunately this is unlikely to work (provided I am understanding your request correctly)

The reason the Headset uses USB is because that is how it draws its power. Using a converter to convert into 35mm jacks (one for sound + one for mic) would then mean the headset would have to be drawing power from 35mm ports which cannot output enough 'juice'.

An alternative would be to look at the Sennheiser PCV 05 and see if that can solve your problems

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/pcv-05

This is listed as working for Ps4 .

Good luck,

Regards

Solution

Elenadavid

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
It's not possible through a simple cable. A usb is a digital device but a 3.5mm is a an analog device.

Electronics just don't work that way. A device is needed that will act like a usb host to read the files and convert it into an analog signal.

BlackAzrael

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Alright so I have run my little research on that as well. It seems that it does exist and is called a 3d sound card. For ps3, people have been saying that you need that and a female 3.5mm to RCA (white and red) so that you can plug the headset part into the av output of the ps3 then the mic into the usb sound card.

I have looked at the Sennheiser 363D with that virtual surround USB card and technically It should work I think, as long as I have that other cable of course.