USB MEMORY BAR USB Device

Mar 24, 2019
Hello! Forgive my English as I will make this short. I have a 32GB HP flash drive (new). I've successfully transferred my phone pictures to this drive and deleted the pictures in my phone. Since I've collected to many flash drive with my pictures in it, I've decided to put them in an external hard drive. However, while copying the pictures from flash drive It suddenly work slowly then hangs. Since I cannot remove the flash drive I restarted my laptop. Upon restart Windows Explorer cannot access it anymore. But in device manager it is there with USB MEMORY BAR USB Device. Please help me recover my pictures in this flash drive. I've search everywhere and it is possible thru reformatting its firmware. As per chipgenius, Device Vendor: Silicon Motion, Inc.; Device Name: SM3255AA MEMORY BAR; Controller Part-Number: SM3257ENLTBB - ISP NONE.

Mar 30, 2019
I think there is no way recovering your pictures by formatting it and then use some data recovery tool to recover the photos. Hope you will recover some...

Don't format it yet, from the sound of things that won't even work, that will just make things harder to recover. Test the drive on another system see if it works there.

If you can see the drive in Device Manager but not in storage, that is pretty much always a sign that the storage chips have failed or have bad contacts to the USB electronics. That may be possible to fix by a drive repair service.

In the future, don't keep your only a single copy of your files, especially on a USB stick, those things are not very reliable for storage.