USB ports stopped working, now 1 out of 2 works. Samsung N102SP

Lechu1777

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I have a problem with USB ports. Lately they stopped working (2 which is all). I uninstalled all USB controllers etc. and somehow 1 of 2 works but I can't force the other one to work again. What can I do? I have Windows 7 Starter installed and it's a laptop for work, we use it to diagnose our systems etc. and we kinda need USB to work... Weird thing is that I have:
5x main USB concentrators
4x Intel N10/ICH7 Family USB Universal Host Controller (27C8, 27C9, 27CA, 27CB)
1x enhanced controller USB2 Inte 82801 (ICH7 Family) - 27CC
Isn't it like too many for 2 physical USB ports? It looks weird.

Moreover, I have a composite device that installs itself but I have nothing plugged in?! What can I do? Windows always preinstalls the same drivers, anyway. I can't do anything about it.

Solution
Hi,

Have you tried installing the latest driver for your USB? Follow these steps as this might help you solve your problem.

1. Uninstall all the USB driver in Device Manager.
2. Download and install the latest driver found in Samsung support site. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-N102S-B01UK
Note: Select "Chipset" as this will include the USB drivers
3. Reboot your PC and try again all the USB ports.
4. If your USB ports still won't work try to perform System Restore and bring it back to a Date or time where every USB ports are working just fine.
Hi,

Have you tried installing the latest driver for your USB? Follow these steps as this might help you solve your problem.

1. Uninstall all the USB driver in Device Manager.
2. Download and install the latest driver found in Samsung support site. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-N102S-B01UK
Note: Select "Chipset" as this will include the USB drivers
3. Reboot your PC and try again all the USB ports.
4. If your USB ports still won't work try to perform System Restore and bring it back to a Date or time where every USB ports are working just fine.

Solution