USB ports stopped working

SAHAZEI

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Suddenly all my laptop USB ports stopped working. When I try to insert a mouse or joypad or flash memory or anything else just nothing happens! It doesn’t even say windows can’t recognize a USB driver. Nothing appears like I did nothing at all. I tried all the solutions I found on internet but came up with nothing. And in the device manager there is no error yellow triangle

Like I said nothing at all shows that there is an error or an end-recognize. Nothing shows up when I connect a USB. I want to mention that one of my three ports is broken from 1 year ago the other two were working & they stopped at the same time for no reason any one can help?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the USB drivers.
- Once done, do check the manufacturer site for any updated drivers for your USB drive.
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the USB drives will still not work do run System Restore and restore to an earlier date or time when the USB drives are still working.
- Here's how: http://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c03327545
- After the System Restore do test all your USB drives again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Your last option would be to reinstall Windows if all these steps will not work.