USB Ports Stopped Working

headless89

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014
This problem started shortly after performing a factory reset on my Toshiba laptop. Initially, everything was fine, except one of my USB3 ports wouldn't work. I plug my mouse into the other and it worked fine. The next time I booted up my laptop, none of the USB ports worked. I have two USB3 ports on the right side of the laptop and one USB2 on the left.

I did a lot of research and performed a lot of troubleshooting guides to the letter. So far, I have:
-Updated/ reinstalled drivers.
-Deleted every USB item from the Device Manager (including the hidden ones) and rebooted.
-Added DisableSelectiveSuspend to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB
-Removed the battery, held down the power key for 30 seconds, and let the laptop sit for several hours.
-Checked that USB is enabled in BIOS
-Updated BIOS

For over a week, no solution that I found would work. I discovered that if I held down (put pressure on from the top) whatever I plugged in, the computer would read it. The moment I released pressure, the device would disconnect. I tested this with my USB mouse, flash drive, and external hard drive. Seemingly at random, my USB2 port started working, but only intermittently. Some adjustments to my sitting position can cause the device to disconnect.

I would like to get all three of my USB ports working steadily. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L855D-S5220
Windows 7
AMD A8-4500M
6GB RAM
Mouse: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball