USB Streaming PTZ camera

leo2kp

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I've been tasked to find a replacement for our no-longer-made camcorders, which support USB streaming for our WebEx sessions. I'm running in to a few issues, most frustrating of all that nobody makes camcorders with USB Streaming capability anymore. I've checked with Canon, Sony, JVC, and Panasonic and neither of them have camcorders with USB Streaming. Most webcams are out of the question as we use the laptops on projectors. We can't have any zooming/adjusting via software without intruding on the WebEx session, so the camera itself has to have pan/tilt/zoom capability, thus the camcorder solution. Also, some of the rooms we use are quite large and a webcam just wouldn't cut the mustard.

Does anyone know of a camcorder capable of USB Streaming, auto-focus and zoom that is still in production??

Thanks!

salvatorenestor

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I'm not sure what you mean by USB streaming. With WebEx, If Windows can see the device you can use it for WebEx video. This means that you can use any camcorder/MiniDV that has a USB output. Also a good coice is a MiniDV that has a firewire output to firewire input on your laptop (Great for MACS). Hope this helps.
Salvatore Nestor

voltron1124

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Checkout the new Agent USB PTZ video conference camera. Claims to be the worlds first? Google "Liquid Digital solutions PTZ". It connects via usb to a mac or PC and can PTZ using a remote control or remotely.

Adaisy

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

Suggest agent PTZ camera?

tomnihao

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
This means that you can use any camcorder/MiniDV that has a USB output. Also a good coice is a MiniDV that has a firewire output to firewire input on your laptop (Great for MACS)
iPad.gif