Use Galaxy 7 S in Dubai

May 11, 2018
I can buy "unlocked" phones. It confuses me when the ad then puts in T-Mobile, or AT&T, or Verizon etc. I want to use the phone in Dubai, UAE. Can I do that?

Solution
Just curious, are you looking to buy a phone while traveling or residing in Dubai?

An unlocked phone means that you can take a phone to a carrier and they can put their service on the phone. When a phone has a service restriction, it means that the phone is manufactured to the specs of one carrier and can not be transferred to another. So yes, if you get an unlocked phone and then want to use a carrier that's available in the AUE, it is doable.

Graybush

Estimable
Just curious, are you looking to buy a phone while traveling or residing in Dubai?

An unlocked phone means that you can take a phone to a carrier and they can put their service on the phone. When a phone has a service restriction, it means that the phone is manufactured to the specs of one carrier and can not be transferred to another. So yes, if you get an unlocked phone and then want to use a carrier that's available in the AUE, it is doable.

Solution