Used Budget Camera Under $400

Will1335

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
Hi, I'm trying to get into photography, and want a cheap used camera under $400 to start off with. I would prefer for it to have a lens as well. I also wouldn't mind getting either a DSLR, or a Mirrorless camera. Brand does not matter too much to me either. I will mainly be only taking stills with this camera. Thanks.

Solution
Nikon's D5300 and similar tier cameras from other manufacturers is where photography gets interesting. The "problem" with properly cared for decent quality cameras and lens for a budget shopper is that they hold their value seemingly indefinitely, which means very little to no savings from buying used unless you plan to hawk deals for a while, buy someone else's problems by getting a less than pristine condition kit or shop for several generations old gear which brings the normal wear and tear concerns even if everything still looks great cosmetically.

InvalidError

Distinguished
Nikon's D5300 and similar tier cameras from other manufacturers is where photography gets interesting. The "problem" with properly cared for decent quality cameras and lens for a budget shopper is that they hold their value seemingly indefinitely, which means very little to no savings from buying used unless you plan to hawk deals for a while, buy someone else's problems by getting a less than pristine condition kit or shop for several generations old gear which brings the normal wear and tear concerns even if everything still looks great cosmetically.

Solution

Will1335

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015

I've also been looking at getting a cheap Nikon d5100 body at Adorama, or possibly another site, and then investing the rest of my money in a couple of lenses. Would this be worth it?