Used Gaming Laptop Worth

May 3, 2019
Hey guys so i've been wanting to sell my laptop for quite some time now, but i just dont really know how much its actually worth nowadays. Im wanting to upgrade to a desktop since i have room for it now.

Specs for Alienware 15 R2:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
Ram: 8GB of DDR4 Duel channel memory
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M
Hard Drive: 1TB HDD
Display: 60hz

Can run most games on medium/high while maintaining a good frame rate. Also has an RGB keyboard.

Bought it for $3000 back in late 2016.

Any help would be great!

Probably 500, maybe 600. Good CPU but drive is not a solid state, and video card is no better than the 1050 cards in $700-800 systems. Of course some people may not research current models and you can get more for it. Check ebay sales (not asking prices, those that actually sold) and see what your model goes for.

Prices for me is pretty simple to figure out, compare how fast the system is to current models, find a comparable one and take a few 100 off for not having a warranty and being used. If a new model is as fast, no-one would be interested in an older one same speed for same price.

Jan 31, 2019
It's a 3-year-old laptop and its 2019.
If it doesn't have any hardware defect and you buy it for less than 700$ then only it worth.

Before buying the old laptop you should check:
  1. Inspect the Laptop Body
  2. Check the Screen Condition
  3. Test the Keyboard and Trackpad
  4. Test the Ports and CD/DVD Drive
  5. Check Wireless Connectivity
  6. Test the Webcam and Speakers
  7. Check the Battery Health

Thanks

It's a 3-year-old laptop and its 2019.
If it doesn't have any hardware defect and you buy it for less than 700$ then only it worth.

Before buying the old laptop you should check:
  1. Inspect the Laptop Body
  2. Check the Screen Condition
  3. Test the Keyboard and Trackpad
  4. Test the Ports and CD/DVD Drive
  5. Check Wireless Connectivity
  6. Test the Webcam and Speakers
  7. Check the Battery Health
Thanks

You may want to read the post again.

May 3, 2019
Probably 500, maybe 600. Good CPU but drive is not a solid state, and video card is no better than the 1050 cards in $700-800 systems. Of course some people may not research current models and you can get more for it. Check ebay sales (not asking prices, those that actually sold) and see what your model goes for.

Prices for me is pretty simple to figure out, compare how fast the system is to current models, find a comparable one and take a few 100 off for not having a warranty and being used. If a new model is as fast, no-one would be interested in an older one same speed for same price.
I got what looks like a pretty decent offer in my eyes and it's not for cash but a trade. It's a desktop which I was going to get after I sold this anyway. Just looking for a second opinion n :)

Specs: It's custom. It's got a nvidia gtx titan 6GB GPU, 2TB hdd, 120GB ssd, Intel i5 2500k CPU, 16GB ram. And it's in a nice red full tower case with LED fans