Solved! used remotes,,risky or smart buy.?

Dec 15, 2018
my situation....I cannot find the remote to our new 50 plus inch tv that my dad bought at Walmart. I live with as I am part time caregiver for him. Dad turned 80 few months ago and we literally have lost every hand held remote. I swear I have looked high and low. Disappears! Poof! I am now left with no way to turn on the TV which drives me nuts and now its the holidays, I am low low on extra cash to spend on yet another remote control. Tv is Hisense bought new in August of this year 2018

Solution
Used remotes aren't usually a big deal. Getting one for the TV is going to be the hardest part. Instead might I suggest getting a cheap universal remote? If you can find one for the specific TV then that is best, but a cheap universal one might be the way to go here. Also, I hate to sound rude or anything but a very practical solution to the lost remote is to put it on a tether. Just stick it to his chair or the coffee table or an end table or something so even if it gets lost there is a string or something to follow. Or maybe the bluetooth Tile system might be a good choice. That way the remote has a tracking signal that you can follow to it or you can make it make a sound to find it.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Used remotes aren't usually a big deal. Getting one for the TV is going to be the hardest part. Instead might I suggest getting a cheap universal remote? If you can find one for the specific TV then that is best, but a cheap universal one might be the way to go here. Also, I hate to sound rude or anything but a very practical solution to the lost remote is to put it on a tether. Just stick it to his chair or the coffee table or an end table or something so even if it gets lost there is a string or something to follow. Or maybe the bluetooth Tile system might be a good choice. That way the remote has a tracking signal that you can follow to it or you can make it make a sound to find it.

Solution