using a greek keyboard on a uk dell xps 13 9350

Nov 14, 2018
hi, could someone please help with my keyboard issue, i had to replace the palm-rest on my laptop due to it falling apart due to stiff hinges. i ordered the US palm-rest instead of instead of UK palm-rest from ebay by mistake and had to order GREEK keyboard as these were all the parts online that could be delivered within the week. the correct palm-rest on ebay for this laptop won't be delivered until late December.

i have changed the palm-rest and the Greek keyboard however the keyboard doesn't work, i currently have to use the onboard keyboard when typing. i haven't received any errors after checking device manager or diagnosis. could i find out if this can be resolved via software or if i'll have to order the correct palm rest from china will be delivered late December.

Solution
The keyboard itself (whether external, PS2/USB, or "palmtest") does not know USA, German, or Greek - the only difference between them is in the lettering on the keys. If your keyboard was listed as compatible with your laptop, then it should work - Greek or USA or UK. If it does not work (even if Windows shows "O" on the screen instead of "Omega"), then either the keyboard itself is faulty, it is not installed properly, or the problem is not with the keyboard but with the mainboard.
The keyboard itself (whether external, PS2/USB, or "palmtest") does not know USA, German, or Greek - the only difference between them is in the lettering on the keys. If your keyboard was listed as compatible with your laptop, then it should work - Greek or USA or UK. If it does not work (even if Windows shows "O" on the screen instead of "Omega"), then either the keyboard itself is faulty, it is not installed properly, or the problem is not with the keyboard but with the mainboard.

Solution