Using frames from 1080 vs 720 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babette J

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Looking to buy an HD.
I want to use a lot of frames as still pictures and heard that 1080 is non interlaced so every frame by itself is blurred. I don't want to use any of the photo modes that stop video action or require any intervention.
Question 1 do I need 720?
Question 2 Do some 1080's run in
720 mode and if so are the
frames individually clear?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

To Babatte, are you try to say, you want to take HD video and take single frame from the video and it should still looks sharp?

The answer is ask your subject to freeze until you got your full video clip, because even an Professional HD video film camera can't do that unless it a high speed HD camera, therefore timo99 is right.

eljosh

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Babatte,

If you want to go super high tech with your camera. You can get the Canon 5D MkII, it is a still DSLR, but can also shoot video at full 1080p. And you can take still picture while the camera is shooting the video. But it is a Pro camera so it will cost you a fair bit more than your standard consumer camera.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

I was gonna suggest that but re-reading his post lead me to a different answer.

I want to use a lot of frames as still pictures
So the need of still camera is there.
...and heard that 1080 is non interlaced so every frame by itself is blurred
Babatte is considering or talking about HD Video. With that, I think the 5D MkII is a good candidate until this.
I don't want to use any of the photo modes that stop video action or require any intervention.
and this
Do some 1080's run in
720 mode and if so are the
frames individually clear?
So it seems like Babatte want to take video and have all the frame on the taken video should be sharp?

I don't want to mislead someone that 5D MkII can do what I think he wanted to for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.