Question using google dup

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have installed google dup on 2 hp chromebooks that i have had setting on the shelf for years ever since google decided to stop updating them because they were not selling new chromebooks fast enough.

anyway does anyone know if i can turn on the duo remotely? i know with the chromebooks i can set up accounts on the other books and manipulated the other books settings but i have not yet tried to see if i can turn on duo and and then log off the other book and log back to mine and have them stare seeing each other?

it would be nice if i can do that i know i can be on the other book and click call a account but then i have to relog back on to the book getting the call and the call may end before i can get logged back on. unless i might be able to use a 3rd book and be logged onto the remote book and start the call and have the other book ready to get the call?

has anyone done that? thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
well it seems to not work. i set up another chromebook and put the accounts on the 3rd book and called one of them and it did show a incoming call but when i accepted the call on one book the other book went back to the home meet page. to bad that didn't work. but if anyone knows how to get a meeting to turn on remotely i can test that and see if i can get it to work.

the reason is my sister has a boy in a care home and has a book in his room to monitor him and wants to be able to turn on his book from her home so that the staff does not have to mess with the book.

i set his account up on the 3rd book and using my own pc called his account and both books came up with answer or decline, so i answered on and the other one did not open just the book i tapped accept on. it would have been nice to have that ability. if anyone knows how to get that to happen please pass that along. thanks