Using headphones to record on my computer and it stops after a few seconds .

FarmerB

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
Trying to record on my laptop using head phones, but it stops recording after a few seconds.

Any idea what I could check ? It worked before

Normally a computer will stop recording after a few seconds when it isn't hearing what you are trying to record. So if say the headphones mic isn't being picked up and only the internal mic is, then it may not hear things and then turn off the recording.

Are you sure that the microphone on the headset is working correctly? And if so, are you sure the jack you are connecting to is either for a mic specifically or is a combo one?

Normally a computer will stop recording after a few seconds when it isn't hearing what you are trying to record. So if say the headphones mic isn't being picked up and only the internal mic is, then it may not hear things and then turn off the recording.

Are you sure that the microphone on the headset is working correctly? And if so, are you sure the jack you are connecting to is either for a mic specifically or is a combo one?

FarmerB

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
FalKoopa Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1