Using headphones with my Samsung Syncmaster t27b300 TV?

nh90fitness

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I want to use headphones on my TV. There's no headphone jack, in fact no 'audio out'. Are there any ways to use headphones instead of the TV speakers?

There's the RCA white/red/yellow IN connectors and a PC/DVI in at the back of the TV which i am able to fit in my headphones 3.5mm jack into but it does nothing.

Here are the audio specs:

Component In (Y/Pb/Pr) = 1
Composite In (AV) = 1 (Common use for comp Y)
CI Slot = 1
SCART = 1
Audio out = none
Audio in (mini jack) = 1
D-Sub = 1
RF IN = 1
HDMI = 1
USB = 1

Thank you for any help, i've been searching everywhere for a solution!

raisonjohn

Estimable
Herald
Feb 22, 2015
It really is a TV (and a monitor) as I own a similar model (T27B350ND).

However, I don't think you can do that on yours (which is a B300 series). The one I own (a B350 series) has 2x OUT ports: a 3.5mm Headphone Out, and an Optical Out (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/267956/Samsung-T22b350nd.html?page=17#manual). Looks like this:

The manual for the B300 series states that it doesn't have such audio output ports (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/267692/Samsung-T19b300ew.html?page=17#manual) so, everything are just inputs for that model.

popatim

Splendid
Thats a monitor , not a Television.you will need to get the audio from whatever the source is; game console, pc, dvd/bd player...
Provide some more details of your setup and maybe someone will have an idea of what you can do.

nh90fitness

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi popatim thanks for your reply, yes it's technically a monitor, it functions exactly like a TV (TV guide, scan for channels etc), i only realized it was a monitor after i googled the model number. We only use it as a TV. I've attached a pic i took of the back of the TV if that helps:

raisonjohn

Estimable
Herald
Feb 22, 2015
It really is a TV (and a monitor) as I own a similar model (T27B350ND).

However, I don't think you can do that on yours (which is a B300 series). The one I own (a B350 series) has 2x OUT ports: a 3.5mm Headphone Out, and an Optical Out (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/267956/Samsung-T22b350nd.html?page=17#manual). Looks like this:

The manual for the B300 series states that it doesn't have such audio output ports (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/267692/Samsung-T19b300ew.html?page=17#manual) so, everything are just inputs for that model.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 2
W Audio 5
T Audio 1
S Audio 1
F Audio 2
C Audio 4
D Audio 4
B Audio 1
A Audio 1
T Audio 1
J Audio 2