Using Logitech TV Speakers on my Samsung TV(Oldish) but no sound?

thrgk

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
I bought this pair of pc speakers from amazon and want to connect them to my tv, I have a green hole, pink hole, and RCA ports. I tried the green, pink, and rca using an adapter an no luck. I did change th audio to external speakers on the tv menu but did not work. The tv is prolly 7 yours old, the speakers are plugged into the wall outlet as well.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Solution
Not sure if this would help you or not... but I had an old Creative 4.1 speaker set laying around so I decided to connect them up to my TV which made a HUGE difference with sound quality. What I did was I used a 3.5mm audio cable and plugged it into the Audio Out port on the TV (the one you'd use for headphones) and into the Creative PC Speakers Green Port. It was that simple. Later on I wanted to add the rear speakers (so I wouldn't waste them) so I found a 3.5mm audio Y Cable to split the audio coming out the TV so I could connect the other two speakers... This totally beats the TV's cheap built-in sound.

PcPlusGaming

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
If you are using Speakers or headphones on a TV, they must use a headphone jack or, Digital optical. Try looking for a hole with a headphones symbol above it. Digital optical is meant more for surround sound systems so you probably can't use that either.

thrgk

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Not sure if this would help you or not... but I had an old Creative 4.1 speaker set laying around so I decided to connect them up to my TV which made a HUGE difference with sound quality. What I did was I used a 3.5mm audio cable and plugged it into the Audio Out port on the TV (the one you'd use for headphones) and into the Creative PC Speakers Green Port. It was that simple. Later on I wanted to add the rear speakers (so I wouldn't waste them) so I found a 3.5mm audio Y Cable to split the audio coming out the TV so I could connect the other two speakers... This totally beats the TV's cheap built-in sound.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS