using single jack headset on computer

Rouvenor

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Hello!

I have a N11 Turtle beach gaming headset, it's got a TRRS 3.5mm jack, and I'm curious whether I can use this for a desktop, I've tried hooking it up to the front and rear pannels, and I also have a splitter, going from the N11 single TRRS jack to two jacks, one for audio out and one for mic in (green and pink respectively).

Anyone know how to make this work?

Appreciated.

Rouvenor

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015

I have one of those, but, I can't get it to work unfortunately. :/

I'm not sure if it's a settings problem, I've been tinkering around. I can get the audio to work with the adapter, but not the microphone part. For the record, it does work, for instance when using a mobile phone to skype.

PsyKhiqZero

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Is it this exact adapter? You said in your first post you used a standard splitter. It's not the same. A standard splitter only has 2 poles. This splitter has 3. It takes the first 2 poles and leads them to audio and the last pole is lead to the mic

PsyKhiqZero

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Just going by the colors it looks as your adapter is meant to combine multiple audio channels. Green and Orange are the left,right and center,sub channels. Pink is used to denote the mic. These adapters are different.