Solved! Using Speaker Base from Rear Projection for new TV

Oct 13, 2019
I hope this is the right sub-forum for this question.

I have a Toshiba 57H84 rear projection tv with a hyper board that is crashing. Looking at getting my first LED but am aware of the poor audio quality of many of them.

I was thinking, since this model allows it, that I would remove the screen...build a top for the base and use the base as a stand for a new tv and use the speakers in the base for the new tv.

Waste not, want not, right?

Would something like this even be possible and if so does anyone know how might I go about it?

Really appreciate any insight anyone might be able to provide.

Solution
It does seem to have a variable audio output but the maximum output is only 300mv and most amplifiers would want about 2v. Might not play very loud unless you get an amp that has a lot more power(50-75 watts) than the speakers can handle (3-10 watts).
The TV only has 2 6.5" full range speakers so the sound isn't going to be that good anyway. You would install better speakers since there is probably room to do that. Parts Express would have amps and better speakers you could use.
It does seem to have a variable audio output but the maximum output is only 300mv and most amplifiers would want about 2v. Might not play very loud unless you get an amp that has a lot more power(50-75 watts) than the speakers can handle (3-10 watts).
The TV only has 2 6.5" full range speakers so the sound isn't going to be that good anyway. You would install better speakers since there is probably room to do that. Parts Express would have amps and better speakers you could use.

Solution