Vacuum Maker Dyson Would Consider Making a Mobile Phone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robojox

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Id like the vacuum to have a wifi connection to your iphone or laptop. It could be bluetooth. Whatever is the cheapest thing.
What for? It could tell you to change the damn filter if the bag is full or tell you how to use the damn thing. It could be an accessory add on. You can't find the manual? No problem. You don't even have to type in the vacuums name. Just download the Dyson app to your browser and the vacuum will tell you itself.

That is the idea. Why do I have to think these things up. The idiots at dyson have there heads up there A-holes.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
What we need is a phone that can suck up energy from the sun and blow dirt and grime off the screen and the case.

I think he can do it.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]robojox[/nom]Id like the vacuum to have a wifi connection to your iphone or laptop. It could be bluetooth. Whatever is the cheapest thing.What for? It could tell you to change the damn filter if the bag is full or tell you how to use the damn thing. It could be an accessory add on. You can't find the manual? No problem. You don't even have to type in the vacuums name. Just download the Dyson app to your browser and the vacuum will tell you itself.That is the idea. Why do I have to think these things up. The idiots at dyson have there heads up there A-holes.[/citation]

The WiFi connection would allow you to control the vacuum remotely with your phone. The phone would be used as a motion sensor controller. Imagine the fun you could have chasing the cat and/or dog, or scaring your girl's mom when she comes over (and quickly leaves).

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
A friend of mine who owns a vacuum store, recommends against buying Dyson vacuums. There are better vacuum's at far cheaper prices.

sockso

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Guys, they're not as tech-un-savvy as you might think. I hear they just hired Neil DeGrasse Dyson to work on this project!

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
This guy could rival Steve Jobs. A lot of innovation goes into his products. THey are one smart company. The thing about his companies products, is that they are better then the rest and don't copy others ideas. And don't use brain washing techniques to make their products are better. They don't need to, their products speak for themselves. Over priced? maybe, but then again nothing can do what their products do. Apples products are over priced, but thats because people are brain washed into paying more, for nothing better. I like how Dyson strives to make the best product ever.

kunjar

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
The design element will most likely be handed off to some university students, as is the case with Dyson funding potential phD research in fluid dynamics at Cambridge Uni.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Consumer Reports does not rate their vacuums very well. Perhaps they are considering releasing a phone because people have found that their vacuums blow rather than suck. IMHO, Dyson sounds like the Bose of the vacuum world - great at marketing, way overpriced, crap products.

G

The are making a Smart Phone that can suck your ear wax out of your ear whilst you sre talking

Status
Not open for further replies.