Vaio VPCF1 battery and CPU issues

uranium88

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
Hi guys! New on here, I have for a couple of years now a Sony Vaio VPCF1. For a long time now I have some problems with it but now I want to fix it. The first problem is, when I use the laptop, it MUST be plugged with the AC adapter, if I unplug it, the computer shut down immediatly, like the battery don't provide any power. I tried with two others battery and problem stay the same. The battery is recognized by the computer but don't charge. So I'm guessing that's the connection between battery and motherboard that is broken somewhere, seems like a good diag?

Second problem is that the CPU don't work at full power, during benchmark or normal use it just give 0.95Ghz instead of the basic 1.73Ghz, I guess it's bonded with the battery problem?

I'm planning to change the motherboard of this laptop, when I check with the serial number of the motherboard (1P-0107200-8011) I found it, when I check with two others references on the mother board (MBX-235 and M932) I can find some others references like 1P-0107J00-8011, also compatible for Vaio VPCF1, so are they differences between those two "differents" models?

I'm also planning to change the 740QM CPU for a 940XM, I've seen that upgrade mades a lot of times.

Thank you for your answers on that very specific questions!

uranium88

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
Hi guys, after long researches I've found a part of an answer, motherboard with serial 0107200 is a socket 988, motherboard with serial 0107J00 is a socket 989.