Valve Says PS3 is ''Incredibly Important''

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
So, the console still sucks to develop for, but the execs now love it because it's more open. Marketing trumping Engineering is what this is all about...

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Probably just liked that they could use Steam on the PS3 and not the 360. It's not like the PS3 magically got easier to develop for, though I suppose at least by now the dev kits for the PS3 are a bit more developer friendly (and all in English) compared to the earlier days of the PS3.

Wheat_Thins

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]Sorry I only have an i5 OC'd @ 3.92 and 5870, not an i7, to kick the crap out of your PS3/360.[/citation]

Yet it don't.

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
PCs will always beat out consoles since they are current gen by default. However, what is nice about consoles is that they provide a platform that programmers can optimize for. I still find it amazing on what they can do with them today for how old their GPU is. I drool thinking of a fully optimized game using a 5970 or 480 level GPU. What pees me the most tho is that companies spend a lot of time making the games look the same between consoles, and not just optimize the most they can for particular console. If the 360 has the best looking game, then so be it, but don't degrade my game because the other console can't match it.

Status
Not open for further replies.