VC239H no audio out?

iSky005

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Hi I have a VC239h monitor and I was trying to test out if my chromecast works on it. Yes it did.
but my problem is that it has no audio out, and the sound from the monitor itself kinda sucks. Is there anyway around it so that i can use an external speaker on it?

Solution
Option 1
Connect the chromecast to an HDMI audio extractor or an HDMI input selector with audio extraction..
Option 2
You can open the monitor and connect a speaker to line level converter to the wires going to the internal speakers. That will provide a line level audio output for powered speakers. If you have passive speakers you could connect them without the converter but they might not play very loud given the limited power of the amp in the monitor.

iSky005

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

uhmm i dont get it.
I am using my phone (sometimes my laptop) to connect to my monitor using chromecast, nd my vc239h only has audio-in. The problem is how can i use an external speaker?
I tried plugging in my external speaker to a 3.5mm port at the back of the monitor, and still the sound is coming from the monitor not the speaker.

sorry if my post was vague.

Option 1
Connect the chromecast to an HDMI audio extractor or an HDMI input selector with audio extraction..
Option 2
You can open the monitor and connect a speaker to line level converter to the wires going to the internal speakers. That will provide a line level audio output for powered speakers. If you have passive speakers you could connect them without the converter but they might not play very loud given the limited power of the amp in the monitor.

Solution