Verizon Doesn't Think $600 Galaxy Tab is Pricey

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterJohnnyT

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
It is hugely expensive when you consider that it is bound to be plagued by the same sort of problems affecting their entire Galaxy S line, including malfunctioning gps, bad compass, bad battery life, horrible customer service(based in india), delayed/broken updates, and lack of accessories. I have the Samsung Vibrant, and although it is awesome when it works correctly, it has put a very taste in my mouth for ANYTHING samsung... especially for a device that is essentially a larger Galaxy S.

MisterJohnnyT

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
And Toms, what the FRAK is going on with all of these excessive amounts of SPAM advertisements in this comment section? There are 4 very long ones that take up the whole page right above my last comment... you guys need to figure something out to stop that...

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Why anyone would want one, for any price? If my company did not think I needed my smartphone, and paid for it, I would be quite content with the cheapest you can find do nothing at all but make phone calls prepaid cell phone, and then force myself to leave it home except when I am going to be gone from the house all day long. People have taken this whole mobile smartphone need to be blabbing, surfing, emailing, texting thing to obscene levels. I don't understand it, not one bit.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]everygamer[/nom]Thats fine, but how about a Wi-Fi only version that is less expensive since it doesn't have the cellular hardware.[/citation]
You are talking about $20 difference here (or may be less). Kindle difference is $40, but the one with 3G includes life-long free use of 3G.

$20 bucks for $500 device does not make much difference.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
The market will decide....

When Verizon's people in charge realize their production line is just sitting in a warehouse, losing value, gaining dust, maybe they will re-evaluate their pricing...

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]spectrewind[/nom]The market will decide....When Verizon's people in charge realize their production line is just sitting in a warehouse, losing value, gaining dust, maybe they will re-evaluate their pricing...[/citation]

To compete with iPad they must undercut. If they would come in at $100.00, maybe $150.00 under the lowest spec'ed iPad, they would dominate...

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]A monthly $20 per GB? I burn through a GB a day by downloading videos. Good thing my local ISP allows me download the entire internet.[/citation]
Really? what provider do you have. As far as I know they set a specific #GB cap of data you can move. I've got Comcast and is 250GB I let a torrent upload for a whole month and got a warning that next time I went over the limit (>400GB) uploaded in total :p my service would be cut off for a month and then I would have access only to business quality cable, a$$#@|s That sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.