verizon galaxy s5 wanting MetroPCS service

Lubomyr

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015

I have the same question. When I put Metro SIM card into Verizon based s5, it does't work and there is notification like SIM card not from Verizon. I can get rid of this message (till next reboot), but the phone is still not working. I called Verizon, but they told me I have to call Metro PCS. I don't want to buy SIM card from them, because they will charge additional fee for updating my phone plus will add $10 monthly to my plan.

Leronlb

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
Hey I have the same issue did any of you get a solution?

Althea_1

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
Hi I had the same issue I recently change Verizon s5 to metro pcs once the phone is unlock you would be able to use it on metro. There are a few features that don't work after switching WiFi sharing and accessing your voice mail box also your account info on my metro app.

Andre_53

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016

How did you do it

Doese97

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017

Doese97

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
I have a Verizon S6 edge plus.. I also using Metro pcs service.. Yes it says, This is not a Verizon sim card & after 3 metro store & having to buy a Verizon Prepaid card (with only 5gb data that was gone in a week) I finally got a worker who knew what she was doing. You have to add Metro PCS to The APN settings under Mobile networks (Google Metro PCS APN settings).