Verizon Launches ''Share Everything'' Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindless728

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
So how is this any better than getting a data line for each phone at $30/phone for 2GB and not have it shared when this is $40/phone + Data Plan to share

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
And here I was, once thinking that US cellular service plans were miles better than the Canadian ones. Looks like American carriers have learned a thing or two from Rogers, Telus and Bell - and now we're all left further and further behind the true advanced nations.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]Here' these guys do a good job explaining why things will get real bad soon http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/spectrum-crunch[/citation]

Not sure why you got a downvote, but I gave you a +1 for linking something relevant.

As far as the fix goes, though, smaller cell towers in more locations but with less range (and thus fewer devices per tower) will fix the bandwidth issue quite handily.

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Not really a ripoff. Its a bit different then you guys understand. The old family plan with unlimited talk and text was 150 and you had to pay 50 bucks per line to add people to that, without any data at all.

Lets say you have 4 people on your plan. Old plan you would do 150 plus 50*3 and lets say you wanted 2 gigs on each person so thats an extra 30*4... Totalling you 420 no tax.
Now lets look at the new plan to match that. 4 people times 2 gigs is 8 gigs total, thats 90 bucks for the account and 40*4 for all smart phones. That totals out to 250 no tax. Thats a huge difference for the same plan.

Lets match that with less minutes. Lets do their cheapest family plan at 99 bucks, then 9.99*3 for the other 3 lines and 30*4 for the data. Thats 250 no tax. With 4 people, with 4 gigs of data and only 700 minutes. Same price, WAY different features.

Now lets say you're alone. Lets say you want 2 gigs, thats 60 bucks plus 40 for the access for your smartphone. Thats 100 bucks no tax. Old plan? Cheapest again 60 bucks for 450 minutes plus 30 bucks for the data. Thats 90 bucks no tax. Difference of 10 bucks to get unlimited minutes? I think so.

How bout unlimited minutes, text, and 5 gigs just to mix it up? Old plan: 90 bucks plus 50. thats 140 no tax for you alone, unlimited talk, text and 5 gigs. New plan: 80 for 6 gigs, plus your 40, thats 120 no tax for unlimited talk, text and 6 gigs.

Pretty sure their plans dropped, HARD. In the end, for just a bit more then their old CHEAPEST plans, you get their full unlimited minutes/text plan.

FINE FINE. Lets say you need a LOT of data. How does 20 gigs sound for 2 people? Thats gonna be 150 for the plan and 40 bucks each for the 2 smartphones. We got 230 no tax. Lets do the same with the old, 150, plus 50 plus 80*2 for the 10 gigs each. Thats 360 no tax for the same stuff.

Quit raging about the prices going up, they are actually coming down hella.

G

@gamebrigada

2 phones at sprint with 1500minutes and unlimited data and messaging i only pay 130 a month

these prices are still absolutely horrible

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]Not sure why you got a downvote, but I gave you a +1 for linking something relevant.As far as the fix goes, though, smaller cell towers in more locations but with less range (and thus fewer devices per tower) will fix the bandwidth issue quite handily.[/citation]

thanks man. they have stations scattered around NYC about 1500 (i think) but not all operates at the same time, some collects solar energy during the day to work during the night. some are reverse for back up, etc... its one crazy algorithm to synchronize them to cover certain radius at a given day. And with the demand growing, the satellites rentals have gone up. plus with all the other interference in the air, its pretty crowded to do something without invading on someone else spectrum. Then there's safety precaution for animals and humans.

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]pants1982[/nom]@gamebrigada2 phones at sprint with 1500minutes and unlimited data and messaging i only pay 130 a monththese prices are still absolutely horrible[/citation]

Is that really how much you pay? I sell these plans, all of them, theres a reason I choose Verizon. First of all you actually get an LTE network thats worth anything, then you aren't cheated out of your money. Is it still cheaper in the end? Yeah. Are you a happy customer that hasn't had to spend hours on the phone trying to fix something? Probably not. Do you know sprints fees? They charge you 5 bucks a month if you don't have your card on autopay. Is it really unlimited? I'd rather ask yourself how much of it you actually use. My heaviest use customers stay on their medium 5gb plan because they only use 2-3 gigs a month. 2 gigs even for "heavy" users is more then enough. You like that you aren't limited? Have you ever gone past 2-4 gigs? Of course you have, sprint fakes their data usage so people stay on their unlimited plans. I've switched so many people to Verizon, and they only did it because they trusted me, and not one hasn't said thank you to me at least a dozen times, because with the same usage, they use less data then they did on sprint? what? And they are on the biggest, fastest network.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]gamebrigada[/nom]Not really a ripoff. Its a bit different then you guys understand. The old family plan with unlimited talk and text was 150 and you had to pay 50 bucks per line to add people to that, without any data at all. Lets say you have 4 people on your plan. Old plan you would do 150 plus 50*3 and lets say you wanted 2 gigs on each person so thats an extra 30*4... Totalling you 420 no tax. Now lets look at the new plan to match that. 4 people times 2 gigs is 8 gigs total, thats 90 bucks for the account and 40*4 for all smart phones. That totals out to 250 no tax. Thats a huge difference for the same plan. Lets match that with less minutes. Lets do their cheapest family plan at 99 bucks, then 9.99*3 for the other 3 lines and 30*4 for the data. Thats 250 no tax. With 4 people, with 4 gigs of data and only 700 minutes. Same price, WAY different features. Now lets say you're alone. Lets say you want 2 gigs, thats 60 bucks plus 40 for the access for your smartphone. Thats 100 bucks no tax. Old plan? Cheapest again 60 bucks for 450 minutes plus 30 bucks for the data. Thats 90 bucks no tax. Difference of 10 bucks to get unlimited minutes? I think so. How bout unlimited minutes, text, and 5 gigs just to mix it up? Old plan: 90 bucks plus 50. thats 140 no tax for you alone, unlimited talk, text and 5 gigs. New plan: 80 for 6 gigs, plus your 40, thats 120 no tax for unlimited talk, text and 6 gigs. Pretty sure their plans dropped, HARD. In the end, for just a bit more then their old CHEAPEST plans, you get their full unlimited minutes/text plan.FINE FINE. Lets say you need a LOT of data. How does 20 gigs sound for 2 people? Thats gonna be 150 for the plan and 40 bucks each for the 2 smartphones. We got 230 no tax. Lets do the same with the old, 150, plus 50 plus 80*2 for the 10 gigs each. Thats 360 no tax for the same stuff. Quit raging about the prices going up, they are actually coming down hella.[/citation]

HOw in the f..k are prices coming down. I started off with the $30 unlimited data plan with AT&T. In what warped world is a plan that charges me $40 for 2 GB a better deal, shut up man, either you work for the cell companies are the stupidest consumer ever to walk the earth.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Hey, Verizon:
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Under these plans, my family would pay twice as much (5 dumbphones). That's why I'm switching to prepaid...

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]This is also called "Pay More for Everything" scheme.[/citation]

Funny becuase its the same cost as what i have now only instead of 1400 minutes and 1000 text i now can get unlimited. and my bill stays the same. Also when it came to family plans i was always annoied that i had to pay $30 per phone just for internet access though i think they need to up the ammount of data per price rang its WAY freaking cheaper if your whole family plan having $30 web per phone.

Especialy $30 for unlimited texting $30 per phonpe for data $90 for the first two lines and $10 per line after x5 phones. Not to mention you had to share the 1400 minutes between 5 phones. If i wanted unlimited for each phone i believe it was something like $49.99 per phone ? so just for unlimited minutes it would be $250 by its self.

While i hate how they raped everyone on hte data part they made my bill at least way way cheaper.

G

Just ran the numbers... 3 smart phones, 1 basic phone. Currently 2gb, 4gb, and Unlimited data plans. 1 coorporate data (Good) user. Sharing 700 family minutes. Coorporate discount (20% on voice)

Current bill = $161.95
Share Everything bill (6gb) = $214

What are they smoking? Why would I abandon an unlimited plan and group everything together just to pay an extra $50 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.