Verizon Says Shared Data Plans Coming This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
How lovely now the family will be screwed as a whole, how thoughtful of you Verizon. /sarcasm

I wonder why people put up with this kind of crap , high price and low selection everyday.

freeinterweb

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
[citation][nom]plasmid[/nom]How lovely now the family will be screwed as a whole, how thoughtful of you Verizon. /sarcasmI wonder why people put up with this kind of crap , high price and low selection everyday.[/citation]

due to a lack of better options

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I hate Verizon. A company needs to balls up and offer unlimited data, unlimited minutes and lower the price already. They are milking people for no reason. Their networks can handle the data fine, just like cable internet companies. It's all total BS that they charge for data and minutes. Especially the minutes cost them nothing extra whatsoever....it's all about money.

arrghushakaboorga

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm currently being throttled on my grandfathered unlimited plan from Verizon. Downloads seem to be about 3G speeds when I'm on 4G now. Wonder if it'll magically jump at the end of the cycle. I really wish Sprint had better coverage.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
they shouldn't force people to pay for a data plan when buying a smart phone. I am on ATT and i have to pay 15/mo for mine and I never use it. I only use wifi. I am giving them 15 for nothing......

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]atminside[/nom]they shouldn't force people to pay for a data plan when buying a smart phone. I am on ATT and i have to pay 15/mo for mine and I never use it. I only use wifi. I am giving them 15 for nothing......[/citation]
When you grab your ankles grab from the sides more and not so much from the rear. The phone carriers like it more that way.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I've asked this before and will keep asking. For most users what percent of the 2GB per month is advertising attached to web pages etc? I suspect if I could block all advertising that 2GB would go a lot farther.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]caparc[/nom]I've asked this before and will keep asking. For most users what percent of the 2GB per month is advertising attached to web pages etc? I suspect if I could block all advertising that 2GB would go a lot farther.[/citation]
You know...you've got a point there.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Right now I pay $30 X 2 for unlimited data. So is it going to be $50 for 5GB and then $9.99 to add another line, thus giving me less data for the same amount?

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]caparc[/nom]I've asked this before and will keep asking. For most users what percent of the 2GB per month is advertising attached to web pages etc? I suspect if I could block all advertising that 2GB would go a lot farther.[/citation]
agreed..... so if something like adblock was put in place, would it block after it was downloaded to the phone or before it gets downloaded... i like where you suggestion is going good sir :) +25 internets for you sir. Any good app developers out there reading this? I see a TON of potential here as an app. Either by every consumer buying it or Google giving up a few mil for your app and then burying it someplace far far away haha

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I love reading how bad Verizon (and ATT) data caps are and how much people hate them yet there are hundreds of millions of stupid f_cks that sign up for it. Then you get the "well thats all we got to choose from" or "I have to have it" excuse which is even more moronic.

Companies feed of human greed knowing that people "want" (making the consumer greedy) this stuff and the desire to have it outweighs all other desires. So effectively greedy consumers enable corporations to be greedy.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I love reading how bad Verizon (and ATT) data caps are and how much people hate them yet there are hundreds of millions of stupid f_cks that sign up for it. Then you get the "well thats all we got to choose from" or "I have to have it" excuse which is even more moronic.Companies feed of human greed knowing that people "want" (making the consumer greedy) this stuff and the desire to have it outweighs all other desires. So effectively greedy consumers enable corporations to be greedy.[/citation]
Or ATT, Verizon and Sprint are all we have to choose from. Go be emo somewhere else.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]. .... So effectively greedy consumers enable corporations to be greedy.[/citation]
Well, I'm one hell of a greedy customer so I apologize to all of you who I, according to 'nob, have negatively impacted.

coreym72

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Off the subject... Being forced to purchase data plans for Smart Phones should then carry over the non used data anyway. Maybe this should be added to shared plans as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS