Verizon to Get BlackBerry Storm 3 for Holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
16-megapixel image captures

Anyone who knows next to nothing about camers, CMOS sensors and such, is cringing at that one. 16 megapixels in a phone/iPad type device? Let's hope this thing has one heck of an image sensor in it, or it'll have some pretty crappy 16 megapixel images.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Not confident in RIMs ability to make a decent touch screen device. The first storm was a disaster and the second storm didn't fix much except for the horrendous "click through" screen. Maybe the third time is the charm but RIM doesn't seem capable of making a phone that can do business and play. Too focused on business.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]Hope the browser will be opera.[/citation]
You can install opera mini very easily on the BB.

That said, I still want BB to remain business focused. But, I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon Luddite that expects my smartphone to do basic document work, internet, email and calls, I don't really need or want 20,000 fart apps and games, there's already 2 sets of phones that exist for that.

G

Going thru 3 Storms in a year ain't bad, I got mine one release day, horrible build quality. I would of exchanged mine sooner but worried of getting a phone with more problems. I'm on my 3rd in 1.5 yrs and will be switching to Android here in a few weeks. Bye bye RIM. On a side note, aside from the hardware failures requiring replacement the Storm has never failed me, but the tech is just old, on with the new! :)

G

I have been using blackberry's since the first pearl came out. Have had 2 pearls (upgrades, not replacements), a curve and a bold. I tried the storm1 out briefly before returning that garbage, and never got around to actually buying the storm2, although I really liked what I saw when I got my hands on it.

Point is blackberry has long had an issue with dumb fat fingered CEO type business users who cant text on a touchscreen because they're too lazy or "busy" to learn a new format, hence the reason they rely on their blackberries for work. So RIM just keeps upgrading the keypad ever so slightly to appease their audience, and they do a good job at providing some nice new keyboards that really make texting better.

Problem is RIM knows that their userbase doesnt even care about touchscreen devices, yet at the same time they have to design them to remain relevant in the cell phone industry. They dont want to be forgotten and relegated to "that funky business phone that some people still use". I think a tablet is a step in the right direction, since business savvy users will be keen on trying it out and hopefully usher them into the world of touchscreens and break their addiction to old school phone designs.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]...I still want BB to remain business focused. But, I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon Luddite that expects my smartphone to do basic document work, internet, email and calls, I don't really need or want 20,000 fart apps and games, there's already 2 sets of phones that exist for that.[/citation]

I've used all, spent most time on winmo (omnia) w/ various versions flashing roms on my personal phone. BB storm was not a bad phone after the updates. I use it for business so I understand. IMO Android (I'm currently on the incredible) has RIM in their sights and not iphone. The platform is a solid business phone. I don't care so much about the bajillion-app market either. (I've used it, but not much) On the business end I would recommend nothing less than android at this point... (unless you are already locked in w/ a BB server and other proprietary stuff that forces your hand. Exchange is no longer a problem for Android, so that is the only reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.