Verizon Wireless To Buy Alltel In $28.1 Billion Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A sad day for Alltel customers like myself. Crippled phones and crappy customer service ahead. I've been with Alltel for over 5 years. I guess it's time to see what the rest of the cell phone world has to deal with.

G

verizon is good... are you serious? they have the best network i've ever used... do research before you start bashing companies for no reason...

G

Verizon is AWFUL! Yes there reception is good, but their phones are crippled, their plans are expensive and they try to charge you for every little thing. I have Metro PCS, which is similar to Alltel, and I would never go back to Verizon.

G

I've been with Verizon for 6 years, and they have been absolutely great with customer support. When I know i'm about to go over the limit with my calling plan, all it takes is a call to their support rep, and I get a one time monthly 500 minute promotion. Their phones can be unlocked, and corporate discounts are awesome.

G

I've been with Verizon for 6 years, and they have been absolutely great with customer support. When I know i'm about to go over the limit with my calling plan, all it takes is a call to their support rep, and I get a one time monthly 500 minute promotion. Their phones can be unlocked, and corporate discounts are awesome.

dmacfour

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Okay so I can't use all of the extras that Verizon has disables. So what? They are extras, they can be unlocked if you really want them, but they aren't very important. As for reception, I live in north Idaho and get great service most of the time. Verizon has really good coverage out west.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I have used Nextell, Att, voice stream, tmobile, sprint, and cricket. the only services i have liked so far was t mobile (for thier great packages not so much the service) and verizon. yeah i pay a bit more for my verizon then i did some of the other but the damn thing works. cant say the same for the rest. crippled phones? are you on drugs? verizon doesnt make the phones anyways just some of the firm ware. so far my support nightmare is ATT not any one of the others have given me any issues and i have had verizon services since verizon took over GTE. The only problem i have ever had with verizon (not thier problem) was roomates paying the bill :p

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Jazzyrick lay off the dope.. I have used all the major networks and cricket. Only two were even good and one wasnt good because of service area (tmobile)

ATT, voice stream, sprint, nextell, tmobile, verizon. and the only one i havent thought about ditching so far? verizon. I pay a little more then the majors (cricket dont count thier service and service area are garbage right now) and i get a phone that doesnt drop my calls every 10 miuntes and works where i want it to.

Crippled phones? put the joint down please. only one of those companys i have ever had problems with was ATT as far as customer service. ATT and crapcast are the worst when it comes to that area. good thing comcast doesnt do wireless :/

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
and for my final argument! i have none since my thing isnt working correctly and your most likely about to get a few posts. Look at it this way. At least its not just simply going out of business. then everything you paid for would have really been a waste. Now eventualy your network is being upgraded by light years. :) anyways if this posts like 5 things i tried to write sorry. It keeps giving me 404 errors when i try and post :/

G

No Good Will Come From This!!!, at least as far as the customer goes. Yeah, Verizion does have a good network and good reception, but they cripple all their phones. No File Transfer, No Ring Tones unless you buy them from Verizion at a ridiculous price. With exception of standard Bluetooth headset, just about all other Bluetooth functions disabled. My cousin bought a Motorola Krazor from Verizion only to find out Verizion disabled the stereo Bluetooth headset function. You can't use Stereo Bluetooth headset at all, just a wired headset. People should not have to resort to hacking their phones just to get its designed functionality back. Verizion are definitely control freaks. Verizion has limits for internet use, higher priced rate plans, and no My Circle plans. Alltel customers will get screwed. As far as I am concerned, VERIZION = EVIL.

dmacfour

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
@ozric Myxertones.com, I got a bunch of free ringtones for my crippled razor from there. For people who just use their phone there is no reason to hate Verizon. All other features are pretty much tacked on extras, not important, but nice to have.

G

I have had most cell phone companies, looking for greener pastors always went back to Verizon. Some phones had great options, but when push comes to shove, I need a cell phone to be a phone first of all and no company but Verizon has been the best by far at doing that, and their customer service has always been great to me, very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS