Verizon's New iPhone 4 Commercial Jabs at AT&T

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i work for att tech support, starters att is the nations largest provider we cover 97 effing percent of americans, also our data speeds are 67% faster than our lkeading competitor (aka verizon) with verizon you cant surf the web or do anything internet based and talk, aka dropped calls when you recieve an email, or missing calls while checking facebook, also we did away with unlimited data because our network crashed because we have sucha huge network, verizons network is small, they are offering the unlimited data, i forsee verizons network crashing completely in less than a month after iphone 4 is released to them, also att's iphone can be used in over 240 countries! can verizons? nope verizons network is only supported in 45 countries, therefor i rest my case stating you'll get better data speeds, 3g coverage, and overall better service and functionality from att's iphone 4 so please verizon save yourself the pitty and jusgt shut up about your iphone 4 cause you only got it cause you bitched and whined at apple till they said "ENOUGH"

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Tony in AZ[/nom]Nice try Verizon, but being able to receive calls while actually using the data features of the phone is more important to me. And besides, for all you gloating about 4G speed, it's still slower than AT&T's 3G network. Face it, AT&T's GSM network is just better, and, it's global. If AT&T were to solve their coverage issues, Verison would have NOTHING left to advertise.[/citation]

Uhh, They are not using 4g on IPhone. It is a 3g device, it is widely known that Verizons 3g data speeds are a bit slower than AT&T's. When you have unreliable service like AT&T does what is the point. I can sacrifice data performance for stability all day every day and 6 times on Sunday. Personally I use and value the voice and data simultaneous operation though so I can not make the change to Verizon just yet but as soon as they release the LTE version of a IPhone all that changes. It is not that big of a deal but it is big enough for me to hang with AT&T for the time being, that and the early termination fee at least.

There is no comparison in performance between 4g and 3g. 4g is allot faster and will provide for simultaneous voice and data. Having one or the other is just a CDMA limitation. Funny thing is, Verizon had CDMA/GSM hybrid phones. They just partner with Vodaphone for international use but technically they have the ability to pass data over GSM and do their normal calls over CDMA.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
That's funny. Didnt Verizon used to have ads that poked fun at the iPhone 4?

Now that they're going to sell it suddenly the iPhone 4 is great?

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
AT&T is much worse with their commercials, and I still have to hand my VZW phone to my friends on other networks mostly AT&T when they don't have the abillity to make calls or access their "Faster" network. When I stop getting asked "can I use your phone" by AT&T customers Ill look into their service as a possibility.

chris1685

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Verizon phones are to problematic! and there customer service is awful, They are trying to be to big as a company instead of investing in the quality of there products. I understand Verizon doesn't make there phones but they are suppose to stand behind there products they sell.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]anonymousatttech[/nom]i work for att tech support, starters att is the nations largest provider we cover 97 effing percent of americans, also our data speeds are 67% faster than our lkeading competitor (aka verizon) with verizon you cant surf the web or do anything internet based and talk, aka dropped calls when you recieve an email, or missing calls while checking facebook, also we did away with unlimited data because our network crashed because we have sucha huge network, verizons network is small, they are offering the unlimited data, i forsee verizons network crashing completely in less than a month after iphone 4 is released to them, also att's iphone can be used in over 240 countries! can verizons? nope verizons network is only supported in 45 countries, therefor i rest my case stating you'll get better data speeds, 3g coverage, and overall better service and functionality from att's iphone 4 so please verizon save yourself the pitty and jusgt shut up about your iphone 4 cause you only got it cause you bitched and whined at apple till they said "ENOUGH"[/citation]

I see you actually believe all that media hype ATT feeds you. Considering likely the only thing here you said that was true was you cant use data while talking on your phone. The rest is total crap. You don't drop calls when you get an email, you don't miss calls because your using the Internet where did you hear that garbage. If att services 97% of Americans considering (im going by the maps each provider gives me) verizon covers say 97% of the country its self im going to call bs on that to. Yeah yeah cant surf the net while i talk.. whoopty do. i have wanted to do that like 2 times in the past 8 years... My Internet is unlimited has been unlimited since i got it. and i have never been throttled on it. Im not exactly sure where people get that maybe that has to do with some phones im not using or some area im not in, perhaps. as far as your international coverage sure the vary vary minuscule amount of people who travel abroad may not like that the iphone on verizon isn't a global phone like others vz has. Of course i didn't look up the iphone im guessing it doesn't have global capability. But you are also missing that verizon also has a massive network in other country's they just go by a different name then in the united states. Actually verizons network has held up with out any issue i have read about so far and they have much better phones . Im not a huge android fan but im sure verizon has sold many more smart phones all together then just the iphone. And i do remember reading about ATT's inability to supply enough bandwidth in a certain city and stopped selling the phone altogether to figure out how to fix it. And ya know imo you can keep the iphone i don't want it on verizon network anyways its a pos and im pretty sick of hearing about it.. BTW verizon turned down apple when they came to them to launch the iphone apple wanted to much control but since att ruined their phones so much apple was a bit more lenient with verizon who also likes to control their phones. and wow we got a crappy phone because att couldn't keep up.

BTW i don't know how you can say verizons network is small.. it has the larges 3g network in the united states. I never looked up their networks abroad which honestly few care about since im not driving to Germany anytime soon........ BTW 67% thats like when att and comcast say they are 10x faster then verizon. but when you read the small print they are always referring to some old outdated tech like dsl instead of FIOS to prove these numbers.. Im sure they are comparing their 3g to verizons 3g which admittedly isn't as fast as att's but att cant hold a candle to verizons LTE which smokes att to the ground.

I can see your vary good at reading scripts and being dumb enough to believe the propaganda. I really wish what you said was actually true then perhaps we wouldn't have to deal with this iphone thing on verizon :p

gggplaya

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Tony in AZ[/nom]Nice try Verizon, but being able to receive calls while actually using the data features of the phone is more important to me. And besides, for all you gloating about 4G speed, it's still slower than AT&T's 3G network. Face it, AT&T's GSM network is just better, and, it's global. If AT&T were to solve their coverage issues, Verison would have NOTHING left to advertise.[/citation]

Att's 3G network coverage is very poor. Their 3G speeds are only fast in very specific area's and certain times of the day. I know first hand because i used to have an ATT 3G aircard for my laptop, i travel half the year for my job, so i do know what i'm talking about. I finally complained enough to my boss that he got us switched to verizon aircards and they may have a slower 3G network when you compare peak to peak in certain cities and areas. But overall verizon is faster with waaaaay better 3G coverage. Most of the time i was only able to check emails with my ATT card because it was too slow to do anything else.

zubikov

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Admit it, 95% are gonna use their iPhone to post facebook pics and play angry birds. Stop acting like you care about data transfer speeds on AT&T or voice quality and stability on Verizon.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]anonymousatttech[/nom]i work for att tech support, starters att is the nations largest provider we cover 97 effing percent of americans, also our data speeds are 67% faster than our lkeading competitor (aka verizon) with verizon you cant surf the web or do anything internet based and talk, aka dropped calls when you recieve an email, or missing calls while checking facebook, also we did away with unlimited data because our network crashed because we have sucha huge network, verizons network is small, they are offering the unlimited data, i forsee verizons network crashing completely in less than a month after iphone 4 is released to them, also att's iphone can be used in over 240 countries! can verizons? nope verizons network is only supported in 45 countries, therefor i rest my case stating you'll get better data speeds, 3g coverage, and overall better service and functionality from att's iphone 4 so please verizon save yourself the pitty and jusgt shut up about your iphone 4 cause you only got it cause you bitched and whined at apple till they said "ENOUGH"[/citation]
You're not a tech support guy (or girl?). If you really are, you're a sorry one! Stop lying. I have Verizon and you DON'T get dropped calls when you recieve an email, nor do you miss calls while surfing. Phone function is first priority as it should be on any phone. ATT's data is NOT 67% faster, there are thousands of side-by-side comparisons on youtube that prove that it's very close. Look it up and quit your job, please. ATT's service stinks! I had a pre-paid phone with them for a short time and it's one experience I will NEVER repeat. The only only word that comes to mind is 'incompetence'. And if your comment is any indication of what to expect from ATT's tech support then I rest MY case. I think you're just jealous that the iPhone SOLD OUT IN RECORD TIME on Verizon's network. Happy job hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.