Verizon's New iPhone 4 Commercial Jabs at AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nice try Verizon, but being able to receive calls while actually using the data features of the phone is more important to me. And besides, for all you gloating about 4G speed, it's still slower than AT&T's 3G network. Face it, AT&T's GSM network is just better, and, it's global. If AT&T were to solve their coverage issues, Verison would have NOTHING left to advertise.

G

A agree with Tony. What? No voice & data? C'mon! Hah! You'll see Verizon folks. You'll feel untethered, weathered and bothered (slant rhyme) by this. In this day & age...go figure. Also, is AT&T's coverage that bad? Not ONE single carrier has worked in my home - ever. THAT has allowed me to switch from carrier to carrier with no early termination fees, only to find that AT&T was the ONLY carrier (at the time) that offered a microcell device (from 0... to 5 bars instantly). Plus 2 AT&T land lines and our cell plan combo rate is UNbeatable.

G

Twice I have been snookered into signing up with ATT - NEVER AGAIN! I don't care if they have the best dang stuff in the world, having to deal with them makes it not worth it.

G

First, nice commercial, but since all of us loyal VZW customers since the days of Bell Atlantic Mobile are now being screwed over for this device ie: Loss of NE2 credits, loss of unlimited smartphone data, throttling of data users... Every one of these changes in the service is geared to stem financial issues from the offering of this ONE DEVICE!

BAD VZW BAD! BAD VZW!

Second, I still ban all crapple devices

Third, No one said this is a 4G phone, and if speed is your only metric, then keep on using the WORST NETWORK ON THE PLANET.

Fourth, if simul voice and date is a big deal, must have, again keep using some one else. CDMA does have this, but its not been deployed by most US CDMA carriers, and new revision to it has just been released, but again most US CDMA carriers are not going to deploy it. They are going the data LTE and voice CDMA path for now.

Fifth, if your one of the MINORITY US users (75%+ of US citizens do NOT have a passport!) and international travel is a must, then yes you need a GSM and UMTS phone or you need to get another device from VZW that supports that.

Lastly, GSM is NOT interchangable withe UMTS. A phone is either GSM (2G EDGE/GPRS) or UMTS (3G/HSDPA[+]) A "GSM" phone is not a UMTS PHONE! A UMTS phone supports DROPDOWN to GSM. Different technologies on the RF side. And actually for all you CDMA haters your UMTS phones are.....................wait for it............................................
W-CDMA - A variation of CDMA!

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]We are all familiar with the terms band geek, gaming nerd, computer nerd. So do we now have phone nerds too.[/citation]

From the looks of it, foaming-at-the-mouth AT&T fanboi phone nerds.

Haters gonna hate.

rrmyguy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
My dad can beat your dad up........no......my dad can beat your dad up.......(pulls hair, pokes eye) grow up..............

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]EverCellie[/nom]A agree with Tony. What? No voice & data? C'mon! Hah! You'll see Verizon folks. You'll feel untethered, weathered and bothered (slant rhyme) by this. In this day & age...go figure. Also, is AT&T's coverage that bad? Not ONE single carrier has worked in my home - ever. THAT has allowed me to switch from carrier to carrier with no early termination fees, only to find that AT&T was the ONLY carrier (at the time) that offered a microcell device (from 0... to 5 bars instantly). Plus 2 AT&T land lines and our cell plan combo rate is UNbeatable.[/citation]
It doesn't matter if ATT has a faster data connection when you have no signal.

whatisupthere

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I agree with d-block. Signal is most important. I noticed the difference between ATT and Verizon when some of my friends and I went on a road trip last year. On east coast major highways my friend seemed to have voice 2/3s of the time and data 1/2 the time. He had to wait to get into a zone of service to make a call in the car. Then the call would usually get dropped. My droid had voice and data service virtually the entire time.

whatisupthere

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I agree with d-block. Signal is most important. I noticed the difference between ATT and Verizon when some of my friends and I went on a road trip last year. On east coast major highways my friend seemed to have voice 2/3s of the time and data 1/2 the time. He had to wait to get into a zone of service to make a call in the car. Then the call would usually get dropped. My droid had voice and data service virtually the entire time.

Diverse

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
Wow, haha, we're actually arguing over which provider is better? Didn't we all agree a long time ago that phone, cable, and internet providers were the biggest crooks on the planet?

Wow, this is amazing haha.

Immoral Medic

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I've had both AT&T and Verizon, iPhone 4 and Droid 2, both networks are equally slow, but I have had probably 5 times more problems with my droid than with my iphone. Dropped calls, no signal, and just all around bad quality. I think both are pretty bad, but everyone buys them because of the hype and friends tell friends to buy them. In terms of reliability and signal, the iPhone 4 wins, but I am in no way shape or form an Apple fan at all. Just pointing out the facts from experience.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Guys I DONT CARE WHICH PROVIDER IS EFFING BETTER IN THE USA!!!!

Providers in Bahrain here are SH!T, but hey I get 4GB 3G, uncapped speeds (achieved 8MBIT) for 25 US a month!

Now grow up and just stop fighting over this. (yes I know im being a hypocrite)

col_krismiss

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Tony in AZ[/nom]Nice try Verizon, but being able to receive calls while actually using the data features of the phone is more important to me. And besides, for all you gloating about 4G speed, it's still slower than AT&T's 3G network. Face it, AT&T's GSM network is just better, and, it's global. If AT&T were to solve their coverage issues, Verison would have NOTHING left to advertise.[/citation]

So youre telling me that AT&T's 3G is capable of over 21 mbps?

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]col_krismiss[/nom]So youre telling me that AT&T's 3G is capable of over 21 mbps?[/citation]

Well Comcast tells me I can get 5MBps on my cable, but I've never seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.