Verizon's Shared Data Plan Has a Usage Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Hopefully AT&T follows suit. There are three of us on separate data plans, and none of us ever approach our limit, so a shared plan would be perfect.

bloodymaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]If the price comes down for 10+GB, I might consider using this for my home ISP. I'd be happy to replace Thugs Warner.[/citation]

TW - Super pricks, just saying.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]dave65792132[/nom]my friend's mother-in-law makes $68 an hour on the laptop. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her paycheck was $19325 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more/citation]
She sounds nice and all... but the math does not work out... $19,325 divided by $68/h equals 284h at that rate - that is roughly seven solid 5-day 8-hour work weeks. A few hours? Seriously? Come on now!

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
They really need to get moving on this. They barely have any non-smartphones for sale anymore, so obviously most people are on smartphones. We've got 5 phones on our plan, so a shared data plan would actually allow us all to have smartphones instead of 3 only having a half-dozen phones to choose from.

rumandcoke

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
broadband (not wireless) costs providers practically nothing ~3-4 pennies per gigabyte.

yet they charge up the @ss for it and make us all feel as if the costs are somehow justified... do a little duckduckgo-ing and see for yourself:

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2011/04/07/what-does-a-gigabyte-of-internet-service-really-cost-a-look-at-the-worst-case-scenario/

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If they don't charge up the ass for this, I'll consider it. As it is, my dad and I wouldn't mind having smartphones, but refuse to because of the data plans ($30/month for a mere 2GB of data? Are you freaking kidding me?).

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]If they don't charge up the ass for this, I'll consider it. As it is, my dad and I wouldn't mind having smartphones, but refuse to because of the data plans ($30/month for a mere 2GB of data? Are you freaking kidding me?).[/citation]

Bad for you, good for the CEOs and board of directors because they're one step closer to buying their 5th gold-plated luxury yacht.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Sprint is the only truly unlimited network I've heard. I don't have a smart phone yet but when I do, it'll be Sprint for sure if that's true. Then I could use 150GB per month and Verizon customers would be stuck with 10GB or whatever.

bigbaconeater

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Honestly I would pay whatever price if every freaking carrier didn't block tethering. It's MY data that I paid for. They shouldn't care what device I use to use MY data. It's a bunch of 1 and 0's. When I only have a 3G/4G connection and I need to use my laptop, tethering is the best thing there is.

ummduh

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
[citation][nom]bigbaconeater[/nom]Honestly I would pay whatever price if every freaking carrier didn't block tethering. It's MY data that I paid for. They shouldn't care what device I use to use MY data. It's a bunch of 1 and 0's. When I only have a 3G/4G connection and I need to use my laptop, tethering is the best thing there is.[/citation]

Well, I switched from VZW to Sprint, and let me tell you.. They don't have to have data caps because at 20-100kbps on 3g, there no well in hell you'll want to use your phone long enough to rack up any appreciable data.

I'm dead serious, I can force roam to VZW towers and only get a 1x connection, and it is FASTER than my Sprint 3G connection.

As soon as I can I will be switching back. What good is unlimited data if it is painful to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.