Solved! vertical black lines resolved by pressure on board chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2019
I have a Samsung LN55C630 LCD 55" TV which started getting intermittent vertical black lines about a year ago. I took the back panel off and through some light troubleshooting determined that it seems to have something to do with a bad contact on one of the chips on the board. Applying pressure to the chip seems to resolve this. I know this isn't a proper fix, but is there any suggested material I can use to apply pressure to this chip? I'm basically asking what can and cannot (or should not) be placed on this chip that won't cause problems or start a fire or something. Cardboard? Electrical tape?

Solution

If that is a large metal plate, say more than 4 x 4 inches and the chip gets warm but no hot, metal is OK to me.

This would ideal if one has the tools.

Material, yeah, something not heat conducting, like glass, but it really depends what the backing is, what is it pushing against? If the chip gets hot, definitely not something that can burn/melt. Metal is fine, but again what is the backing? so u have 2 surfaces to worry about.

Jan 2, 2019
I should have been more clear, no I don't have soldering tools, not interested in going that route. The tv panel backing that I removed is metal

If that is a large metal plate, say more than 4 x 4 inches and the chip gets warm but no hot, metal is OK to me.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.