very general dvd question

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Hey guys, I've been doing video editing for a while and I've come across something I'm not sure about. I've been downloading dvd images and burning them off for some time, but have never authored my own. I don't need tutorials or anything, just some first hand program recomendation from you guys

If I search my regular sites for this info, I come across an insane amount of different programs and methods to use. Any help would be much appreciated

In a nutshell what I want to do is put a .avi file (if I have to convert it to mpg that's cool too) on a regular dvd to play in a regular dvd player. NOT A VCD

thanks

It's all good ^_^

superboss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
Hi there, not 100 sure, but I think Nero 6, will automatically convert AVI to DVD format when you burn a new dvd with the DVD-Movie option.

This seems to be the easiest option.

cheers

Opel Superboss, now that was a car!

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I never tried that, I'll try that sometime here soon.

I found out what my initial problem was last night actually. I was trying to convert a 702 meg avi into a valid mpeg2 file. The sound kept being off in different places in the movie. It wasn't universally off or I could have simply fixed it, but the sound would be on in some places and off in others.

I found out it was because of a few bad frames in my avi file and everything seems to be working A-ok now

It's all good ^_^