vga to hdmi connector issues

dtewell

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
I have an rca to hdmi connector cable and cannot get my laptop to connect to the visio. I have a vga splitter that goes to an overhead projector (this is for our church) and want it to go to overhead plus tv. All cabling is connected but no matter which hdmi input I use, I can't get it to display tv. Projector still works great.

Solution

If connecting the computer VGA port to the TV VGA port doesn't give you a picture and connecting the computer VGA to the projector VGA does, which is what you said, then the TV VGA port is bad. Try another TV. Most projectors I've seen have a VGA out to cannect to a TV, that would be the preferable way to connect to a TV.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
you need to provide a bit more information on what your TV is indicating about the connection.

Further you need to indicate what resolution your pc is sending, what resolution your projector is receiving. Depending on what the TV might be indicating, likely issue is resolution incompatibility.

Your post is a bit confusing, you are talking about RCA to HDMI connector cable (which will not work unless it's an active converter box) then talk about a VGA splitter which is neither RCA nor HDMI.

What products exactly to you have, brand and models and what are you trying to connect?

dtewell

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

dtewell

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Sorry for the confusion. I typed RCA in error. I have an HP laptop with a VGA port. I have a VGA splitter (one to the overhead projector & one to a new VISIO tv). I have a VGA to HDMI connector to the tv. The projector works, just can't get a signal to tv.

dtewell

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

RickPowl

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014
Just in case, You can't go from VGA to HDMI. You can go from DVI to HDMI, but without sound. Other than that, I Budwich, the problem is more than likely in the resolution that you are trying to send to the TV. What is the highest resolution that your projector will support? They both have to be set at the same resolution. Most HDTV's will support 1024 x 728, 720p, 1080i and 1080p in fullscreen mode. Make sure the projector is set to one of these, and it should work.

dtewell

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

zeterian

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008

If connecting the computer VGA port to the TV VGA port doesn't give you a picture and connecting the computer VGA to the projector VGA does, which is what you said, then the TV VGA port is bad. Try another TV. Most projectors I've seen have a VGA out to cannect to a TV, that would be the preferable way to connect to a TV.

Solution