Victim Spots Possible Car Thief on Street View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
SInce this is a criminal investigation, can't the police ask Google for the original image with the clear license plate and timestamp?

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I don't think Google keeps any of the originals after it's been modified to avoid lawsuits.

Google been in the hot seat lately of street view and wi-fi data mining so they are better off keeping the censored images.

ira176

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
If Google can collect peoples wireless internet information when driving around with street view, they should have the original photo still on their servers and a proper lawful subpoena or search warrant should divulge the missing plate.

G

hey. that's me. who post my photo up there without paying me?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Bolbi[/nom]SInce this is a criminal investigation, can't the police ask Google for the original image with the clear license plate and timestamp?[/citation]

They can ask but I certainly doubt Google will provide this information without a court ordered mandate to do so. A lot of the times it isn't worth the time or money going through all of the trouble.

super_tycoon

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Meh, the 'satellite' view has me moving in to my house five years ago. Thankfully, the whole thing is blurry and the boxes were arranged to look like a driveway pattern. And here I am thinking the coincidence was funny....

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]lonewarder[/nom]Hey, It looks like Dennis Quaid! Guess house squatting just went mobile![/citation]
You mean Randy Quaid.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
It stinks they have not been able to get their RV back or catch this man, or whomever responsible, but I do find it quite amazing at what these Google cams are picking up just on a random drive-by. Maybe he was hired by TOP GEAR, those guys hate RV's, and love smashing them, LMAO!

aje21

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
It's not a camper van, it's a caravan!
If you move to the next image down the street you can almost get a partial index of the 4x4, but the plate is obscured and out of focus.

G

Where is the FBI special software that unblur things and creates pixels to get 10x the original resolution of a photo ?

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
wow, guess we know where the keystone cops orginated. i know in the states that if you were to pull up the make and the model and the color and the possible years of that particular style, you could get every registered owner and their home or business address. and being as it's the UK, there can't possibly be that many to begin with as most people don't own automobiles like in the states. i don't know if the UK would require trailering endorsements either, but further inquiry as to how many of those particular owners also have a lisc. trailer also should narrow it down suffciently. then it's just a matter of seeing which owner has the brushgaurd, flared wheel wells, sun roof, full length running boards, the sheild sticker in the mid windshield passenger side, and centered roof mobile phone antenna.
this is not distiguishing enough already for the bobbies? what is this some landrover safari package? lol

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
@f-14

Well even if the database doesn't go into that much detail, if it does show a picture of the owner you could flip through the remaining ones and just wait for his picture to be the one you're staring at.

Status
Not open for further replies.