VIDEO: BlackBerry PlayBook Running iOS Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystanley

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
This is really cool! Though I doubt this would make it to the playbook as apple would probally sue the creator if he tried:(

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
RIM sucks, i have NEVER used a worst phone than a blackberry, it takes too much time to turn on, apps are almost non existant, the UI is ugly as hell. No doubt the playbook sucks.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
@frozonic

The PlayBook is the best of all of the popular tablets. The OS2 upgrade that came out in February moved it to the head of the class.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]RIM sucks, i have NEVER used a worst phone than a blackberry, it takes too much time to turn on, apps are almost non existant, the UI is ugly as hell. No doubt the playbook sucks.[/citation]
Blackberry seems slow and I've used 4 blackberry phones and they were fine in the past but they just don't compare to today's phones. I think the OS is slow, klunky and has poor compatability. The apps are few and far between. If a company makes an app it's for android and iOS typically NOT blackberry. Recently my blackberry wouldnt turn on and when I did finally get it to turn on the ball didn't work anymore. So, I had to do back to using an old blackberry. A few weeks later my wifes' blackberry (which was only 3 month old) would not turn on. Thankfully it was under warranty and RIM sent a new one for free.

I'm just done with blackberry...
I would like either an Android or Windows phone.
I read that in about 3 yrs time Windows phones will have a bigger market share than Androids.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]Blackberry seems slow and I've used 4 blackberry phones and they were fine in the past but they just don't compare to today's phones. I think the OS is slow, klunky and has poor compatability. The apps are few and far between. If a company makes an app it's for android and iOS typically NOT blackberry. Recently my blackberry wouldnt turn on and when I did finally get it to turn on the ball didn't work anymore. So, I had to do back to using an old blackberry. A few weeks later my wifes' blackberry (which was only 3 month old) would not turn on. Thankfully it was under warranty and RIM sent a new one for free.I'm just done with blackberry...I would like either an Android or Windows phone.I read that in about 3 yrs time Windows phones will have a bigger market share than Androids.[/citation]

Try to hold out for BlackBerry 10 if you can. It will probably blow Android and iOS away.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]rushfan[/nom]Try to hold out for BlackBerry 10 if you can. It will probably blow Android and iOS away.[/citation]
I hope they end up being more like what RIM CEO held in his hand during BB World 2011, than what could be seen in promo video. That thing shown in video is more of tablet than phone. Imho if you can use it with two hands in portrait mode it's damn too big for phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPYYo0-gfc

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
[citation][nom]Hetneo[/nom]I hope they end up being more like what RIM CEO held in his hand during BB World 2011, than what could be seen in promo video. That thing shown in video is more of tablet than phone. Imho if you can use it with two hands in portrait mode it's damn too big for phone.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPYYo0-gfc[/citation]

While I don't disagree with you let me just say this. When blackberry had small screens they said too small. When they showed a big screen they said too big. There will always be critics.

Most of you in the comments are quite sensible. I will just say give blackberry another look when BB10 is out. Maybe you'll like what you see. BB7 right now is not bad but its a modernization of an operating system that isn't future proof. Great OS if you don't need a bunch of apps and you want to use it for communication. iPhone is for a completely different target audience than the current BB phones and that audience is shrinking which is why we see BB10 try to adjust to accommodate both audiences.

It will be interesting :)

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I already thought about doing this with Android apps a couple years ago. Download the Android SDK, and run said app in the SDK, and you have a Android app player for Windows. But the problem is getting said app in it's packaged form. But it's extremely doable. Basically what this guy is doing, but with iOS. It's like he reverse engineered the iOS SDK to be a player on the PlayBook. While I am not extremely impressed, it's still cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.