Video Chat May Come To Android Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I KNEW there was a reason I didn't buy the DROID X!!

DROID X (or a NextGen version, same size) + Gingerbread with 'Video Chat' = ME BUY NOW!

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I KNEW there was a reason I didn't buy the DROID X!!DROID X (or a NextGen version, same size) + Gingerbread with 'Video Chat' = ME BUY NOW![/citation]

Lol I did buy the Droid X cuz I was tired of waiting. Except I just gave it to my gf because I know my phone will come out someday soon.

I got really hopeful when I heard about the HTC Merge/Ace which was a 4.3" with a ffc... Except somehow it got turned into a Droid 2 look alike :(

http://www.androidphonegeek.com/images/2010/08/htcverizon1.jpg < Ffc Merge

http://photos.macnn.com/news/1010/htcmerge-prereviewlg1.jpg < Slider Merge thats actually coming out....

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]Err, didn't video calling die a death 3 years ago because nobody used it?[/citation]
But now that Apple has "re-invented" video chat with FaceTime doesn't that mean it's going to be the next big thing?
/sarcasm

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Currently Android consumers can use Fring and Qik for video chatting, however phones with front-facing cameras are minimal at best-- the current HTC EVO 4G offers a front-facing camera with additional phones by HTC, Samsung and Motorola on the way. By the time they roll out onto the market, Gingerbread may be baked and ready to serve--video chat intact.

The international version of the Galaxy S has a front-facing camera.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Err, isn't Skype video chat available for Android or did I imagine it?[/citation]
Maybe in the rest of the world but not here in the USA. There hasn't been any front facing camera's in the US until the EVO and iPhone were introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.