VIDEO: Giant Dominoes Recrate Fall of Berlin Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Tom's Hardware needs to actually filter what comes onto it via Tom's Guide. Because... This has nothing to do with Tech except that it's a video on youtube.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]HolyCrusader[/nom]20 years? Damn, I'm feeling old. I remember watching the news of the Wall's demise on CNN in High School.[/citation]

Not old, vintage. :)

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]"and leaders from all over the world gathered gathered in Berlin to celebrate the historic moment."super gathered[/citation]

Except for Obama.......lol

[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Who's idea was it to use giant dominoes? This is pretty random.[/citation]
Well, in addition to being cute, it can represent the series of events, big and small, that cascaded to cause the fall of the wall and the Soviet Union. Having Lech Walesa push over the first one is a wonderful bit of drama.
For those of us old enough to remember the "domino theory," it makes perfect sense.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Lech Wałęsa (the former Polish president) seemingly trips after setting off the dominoes. Did anyone else see this?

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]Obama was planing the atack on Iran that day .[/citation]

Don't you mean "Obama was giving Ahmadinejad a BJ that day"

city_zen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Some of you may be too young to remember but choosing Lech Walesa to push the first domino makes perfect sense (apart from being a well-deserved honor) because he was the guy who had the guts to stand against the communist government of Poland back in 1980 when the cold war was in full force. Those strikes in Poland, of which Walesa was the leader, were arguably the beginning of the end of communism in Eastern Europe.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Tom's Hardware needs to actually filter what comes onto it via Tom's Guide. Because... This has nothing to do with Tech except that it's a video on youtube.[/citation]

i agree with you . tom's guide articles should not be mixed up with tom's hardware articles as is now . forget benchmarks , this has nothing to do with tech at all .

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]cyberkuberiah[/nom]i agree with you . tom's guide articles should not be mixed up with tom's hardware articles as is now . forget benchmarks , this has nothing to do with tech at all .[/citation]

unless one considers falling dominoes a technology.

Maybe they should have had the last domino press a button that deletes this news item from Tom's. But then it would become tech news, thus creating a paradox...

...ok, I'm gonna shut up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.