Solved! Video is inconsistent

Aug 31, 2019
I'm trying to split my living room tv signal so that I can watch a tv in my bedroom. I'm using rca jacks and have run through all the inputs on the bedroom tv until I get a signal. I get audio sound consistently but the video only comes through about 40-50 % of the time and when it does come through it is only during the day and not at night. A few years back I used the same set up to watch tv out on the deck during the summer , so I know it has worked in the past. So why isn't it working now ? ? Recently I discontinued service to my bedroom. Do you think the company that was supplying the signal to my bedroom knows that I'm trying to split the signal and save a few dollars and therefore is messing with my head / tv. I'm totally puzzled and if anyone can shine some light on this, kudos to you.

Solution
12' cables aren't usually long enough to lose signal but you could try a better cable for the yellow composite video output.
An active splitter might work better than a passive split.
If the cable box has an RF output you could try that too.
I really doubt that there is someone checking your house wiring and has a guy sitting there hitting a button to disable your signal half the time.

Need a bit more details about exactly the equipment you are connecting to, what cables types and how long is the cable run.

Are you splitting the cable coax inputs before it get to the cable box, splitting the output from the cable box before it get to the TV? Need details.

Aug 31, 2019
I'm using rca jacks (red , white , yellow ) that are 12 ft. long. The split happens as it comes out of the cable box and goes to the tv in the living room. Hope that clears things up. Let me know if you need more info.